Business Analyst I Partner Integration at Paylocity
The Business Analyst is instrumental in carrying out Paylocity's primary mission of driving client satisfaction by ensuring their needs are fully understood and we are successful in meeting them. Responsible for handling needs assessments, cost/benefits analysis, establishing internal/external relationships, soliciting product and enhancement requirements from end users in order to convert requests into a workable solution.
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creates, analyzes, and validates detailed functional/technical specifications.
- Drives increased use of core system functionality to reduce needs for customization.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Establishes intra- and interdepartmental relationships to prioritize needs, communicate project status and timing expectations.
- Creates internal documentation and training for setup and ongoing support
- Documents requirements, create use cases and process models.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of all system functions/release features
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least two years’ experience in Payroll and HR Industry (or equivalent experience for Partner Integration)
- Experience in a front line customer facing role
- Experience writing business specifications preferred
- Additional criteria for Partner Integration
- Knowledge of API's written in JSON
- Knowledge of the data interface functional space
- Basic Knowledge of FTP/SFTP
- Knowledge of EDI/XML file security preferred
- Experience working with company to company file transfers preferred