Business Analyst (Operations)
Sittercity’s mission is to make child care finally work. We pioneered tech enabled child care in 2001, and we connect millions of parents with babysitters and nannies every year. With Sittercity and Chime, our on-demand service, we are building a platform that is radically simplifying the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide.
About the Role
As a Business Analyst, you will be instrumental in helping Sittercity achieve its mission to make child care finally work. You will join our analytics center of excellence (a part of the finance team), which drives data-driven decision making throughout the Sittercity organization. In this role, you will work closely with the Operations team to drive strategic decisions and operational efficiency allowing us to scale our product faster.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Provide the Operations team with actionable insights that drive business value
- Partner with Product and Engineering to improve tracking within our applications allowing for better visibility into customer behavior and business decision making
- Quantify the potential of new application features, allowing our Product team to prioritize and build software that allows the Operations team to scale efficiently
- Research new markets and use data to inform our national expansion strategy
- Optimize cumbersome work processes for our team using data from our application
- Automate routine application monitoring to continuously improve Trust & Safety on our platform
- Communicate with executives and key stakeholders through presentations, well-designed data visualizations and interactive dashboards
- 1+ years of experience in a data-driven field (consulting, market research, digital advertising, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- You are a self-starter -- you can identify problems, solutions, and drive change
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience presenting technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Proficiency in SQL and familiarity with relational databases
- Experience with scripting languages that support data manipulation (Python preferred)
- Experience creating data visualizations and interactive dashboards
Sittercity is a recipient of the 2016 WorldatWork, Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award for demonstrated leadership in workplace strategies and practices to help employees achieve success in work-life effectiveness.
In this role, you will receive the following benefits:
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Food and healthy snacks throughout the day
- Ping pong and on-site fitness center
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Open personal time off policy
- Industry leading maternal and paternal leave
- Subsidized use of Chime for personal childcare services
- Great benefits package, including; health, dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k)
Sittercity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.