Business Analyst Pharmacy & Retail Operations at Walgreens
Responsible for collecting and summarizing data that will assist Pharmacy and Retail Operations management in both long- and short-range strategic planning, and the development and implementation of programs. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of business processes pertaining to all aspects of Pharmacy and Retail Operations. Analyzing data to develop cost benefits of proposed programs through collection and data. Work on projects in Pharmacy and Retail Operations including process improvement, strategy development, industry trends, competitive analysis, and company positioning.
- Responsible for collecting and summarizing data that will assist Pharmacy and Retail Operations management in both long- and short-range strategic planning, and the development and implementation of programs.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of business processes and practices pertaining to all aspects of Pharmacy and Retail Operations within the Retail Hub.
- Analyzes corresponding data to effectively recommend system and operational procedure changes, enhancements, development of functional specifications or interface opportunities with costs and or return on investment summarized.
- Serves as operation point of contact for various projects to drive project execution. Communicates relevant project information to stakeholders, both corporately and in the field.
- Collects, analyzes, makes specific recommendations, and presents information pertaining to proposed programs to meet the business and strategic goals of Pharmacy and Retail Operations and Company.
- Plans, designs and deploys appropriate reports and tools.
- Collaborates across Pharmacy and Retail Operations, IT, legal and regulatory, process improvement teams, and others, to develop operational solutions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree OR, High School Diploma/GED and 3 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions; OR, High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Retail Pharmacy Experience.