What We Do
At Kalderos, we are building unifying technologies that bring transparency, trust, and equity to the entire healthcare community. We are on a mission to solve systemic problems of the healthcare system, redefining how the business of healthcare performsTM. We measure our success when we can empower all of healthcare to focus more on improving the health of people.
To learn more: https://www.kalderos.com/company/about
Who We’re Looking For
If you think you meet some of the list below, but not everything, that’s perfectly fine! We encourage you to apply regardless. At Kalderos, we know talent comes in many forms, and we’re willing to look beyond a set of rigid criteria to find the right teammate.
We’re looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join our growing product team of developers, data scientists, data engineers, project managers, and IT professionals at Kalderos. The Kalderos product is charged with building solutions that address some of the most complicated systems resulting in experiences that are simple, elegant, and delightful.
With the goal of being crowned king of the Drug Discount Manager category, it is essential that Kalderos moves rapidly to launch a new version of our core product, Grappa, that will allow Kalderos to expand our auditing and point-of-sale chargeback functions to additional discount programs large US pharma companies participate in. In addition, government focus on drug pricing means solutions that enable new ways of facilitating discounted pricing between the manufacturer and the patient must be designed, developed, and launched rapidly as we continue to service our existing clients with efficient, organized, and performant data management solutions..
By enabling new types of direct-to-patient and value-based pricing arrangements to be implemented, and by building a smart infrastructure that ensures the right price or discount be applied to the right transaction, we have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to do something that benefits patients (and is financially rewarding for the team members who help make it happen.)
As a Technical Business Analyst, you will be critical to ensuring we are building solutions the right way. You will work with interdisciplinary teams of designers, marketers, developers and commercialization specialists as we address some of the most complex challenges in healthcare.
What impact you’ll have
- Collaborate with product managers to determine scope and vision.
- Perform requirements elicitation using a variety of methods to document, verify and confirm development requirements.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Assist with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Ensure that requirements are mapped clearly to the identified business goals.
- Analyze and identify risks, dependencies, and changing needs, and incorporate feedback from customers.
- Align functional requirements to technical solutions.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements to product managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Develop user stories, documentation of happy path and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with the product owner/product manager to determine the priority of items in the backlog.
- Ensure the sequence of items in the backlog correctly represents the priority order, and ensures that there are enough items in the backlog to support near-term development efforts.
- Work with the delivery team to understand how to best break down work, deliver and test the value the team is creating, and how to learn quickly from the work the team is doing.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Develop and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Identify issues, risks and benefits of existing and proposed solutions and outlining business impacts.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
- Understand the data model and setup of the backend Kalderos database
- Represent the database team in meetings with product owners and other engineering team members in requirements discussions, initial feasibility discussions and researching open questions.
- Communicate requirements to the database team - helping to refine requirements that are unclear with the product teams back to the database team and vice versa.
- Work with other engineering team members and areas of the business in explaining and answering questions regarding the data model.
- Work with the product teams on communicating and helping to facilitate project timelines and milestones between the database team and the product teams.
What you’ll bring
- 3 years’ experience or more in a Technical Business Analyst role
- Prior experience with data modeling large complex systems
- Prior experience with Microsoft SQL Server and/or Postgres is a must
- Prior experience working as a database programmer a plus
- Excellent presentation, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to effectively gather and interpret requirements via interaction with teammates, clearly communicate them, and drive alignment.
- Must be able to use logical techniques to analyze, describe, and evaluate data so as to be able to make meaning out of it.
- Must also be able to study a business activity using technological means so as to find solutions to a given business function.
- Must be able to explain in detail how a given technological solution would meet a given business requirement.
- Must also be able to bring different technological entities together so as to fix a given problem.
- Must be able to walk others users through the software as a form of testing to showcase how the solution would work in a real life situation.
- Excellent Compensation
- Assistance for WFH setup
- 401K plan with matching
- Healthcare Benefits
- Flexible Schedule and a fair PTO system that allows for a healthy work life balance
- Opportunity to work on new technologies and learn new skills
- Celebration, education, and training reimbursement
- Guidance from a transparent leadership team
- Working for a Startup Company with a collaborative and positive culture
- Someone who has an established ability to interpret data by means of various methodologies.
- Comfortable working at a company that celebrates failure, and rewards success.
- Your team loves working with you. Your colleagues love working with you. Your manager cannot understand how they ever lived without you.
- Ability to set operational targets and coordinate a cross-functional effort to achieve those targets.
- A knack for identifying problems and being decisive about communicating the problem with the larger team, ensuring the problems are corrected early.
- Someone who is collaborative, hardworking, problem solver, who leads by example.
- You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average.
- You understand that you would not be successful without the team, and you are grateful to your team members who participated in the company and your success.
- You understand that continuous self-improvement is part of life and are willing to accept areas where you could be better and be willing to put in the work to improve yourself and those around you.
To learn more: https://www.kalderos.com/company/culture
Kalderos is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Due to the circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kalderos has decided to protect our current and future employees by shifting to an entirely remote workforce. We will continue to operate, interview, onboard, and work remotely. Please be aware that some of our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.