Business Analyst (Temporary) at closerlook, inc.
We are seeking a freelance Business Analyst who can work independently in a fast-paced environment. This requires high proficiency in IT requirements documentation and experience with custom web applications based on Microsoft technologies.
closerlook's Business Analyst works with members of the Software Development, Quality Assurance, User Experience, and Project Management teams to help create innovative, high-quality web applications, advanced reports and digital offerings for our clients in the pharmaceutical industry.
The Business Analyst ensures requirements are addressed before a technical solution is designed and implemented. The Business Analyst plays a key role in the closerlook project lifecycle and ensures that the final deliverable meets client expectations and adds to the bottom line.
Requirements Planning & Analysis
- Gather, document, write, analyze, and validate business technical and functional requirements by extracting them from documentation as well as from representatives of cross functional business teams
- Lead requirements gathering sessions through the use of discovery workshops, interviews, and analysis in partnership with UX
- Translate project requirements to technical requirements. This includes analysis of strategic project objectives to practical technical solutions.
- Identify gaps in process, communication, and requirements to ensure we are developing the best possible product
- Actively manages requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure accuracy and completeness at all times
- Maintain the backlog to ensure stories are groomed and prepared at least 1 sprint in advance for development
- Support software testing and the QA team to ensure business requirements are fully satified
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with cross functional team members including COE teams, technical leads and developers, CX, UX, & UI, vendors, and brand teams
Supports closerlook’s Agile process
- Participates in scrum meetings; communicates a detailed understanding of scope, requirements, and deliverables of projects.
- Acts as a resource to clarify and scope tasks for members of the Agile team.
- Actively collaborate with team members across the organization to track down incomplete requirements, resolve blockers, and ensure tasks are moving appropriately
- Improves systems by studying current practices; recommending and/or designing modifications.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years relevant experience.
- Experience with commercial ERP, CRM, and/or Marketing Automation Systems required.
- Proven skills documenting business project requirements. Is effective in translating technical knowledge into business language as needed.
- Solid technical background, specifically with ecommerce, mobile app and website technologies, data/analytics reporting
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Experience with SQL based database systems, T-SQL helpful but not required.
- Salesforce.com, Marketo experience preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Effectively copes with change; ability to shift gears; can decide and act without having the total picture; embraces when things are up in the air.
- Fast-paced – Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced environment
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Informing – Provides information people need to know to do their jobs; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes success and failures as clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything. Possess a high level of intellectual curiosity.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Skilled – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material or support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Teamwork – Demonstrates superior teamwork skills.
- Thought Partner – Ability to be a strong thought-partner to cross-functional colleagues.