At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting operations by providing meaningful and actionable analytics to the residential affiliate group. This role is assigned to a specific division and is responsible for driving operational and financial improvement. The role also partners with leadership to define and review analytics aimed at process improvement and efficiency.
• Assist team in partnering with leadership to develop a strategic vision for the department, take a proactive approach to influencing business strategy through data findings and establishing meaningful and easy-to-consume reporting
• Assist in the generation of departmental business intelligence, data management, reporting and analytics
• Gather data to help compose monthly reviews of the operational and financial performance of the division
• Assess current practices, collect information and analyze trends to drive efficiencies
• Assess financial and operational performance; identifies areas of improvement and develop solutions to help the department grow and become more efficient
• Maintain operational reports allowing leaders to analyze the performance of individual members of their team as well as performance of specific clients; identifies trends and works with operations to continuously improve performance
• Organize, analyze, interpret, and prepare reports on large amounts of raw data with the ability to extract relevant conclusions and trends; presents the results to leadership
• Develop operational and financial performance tracking dashboards in Tableau
• Fosters a positive team environment
• Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
• Require general coaching and supervision
• Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
• Verbal Communication - Proficient
• Written Communication- Proficient
• Teamwork - Proficient
• Analysis - Advanced
• Problem Solving - Advanced
• Relationships - Proficient
• Team Work- Proficient
• Prioritization- Advanced
Role Specific Skills
• Computer Skills: Proficiencies in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
• System Experience: Advance Excel, Tableau, needed; R, SQL and Python, preferred
• Proficient project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously from origin through execution
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 2-5 years of experience in analytics
Other Relevant Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or Mathematics is preferred