The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Client Solutions group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Business Analyst will assist our project implementation team to ensure that complex solutions are implemented effectively and delight clients. This position is based in our Chicago office and is part of the new Product Success organization. The primary responsibilities in this role will be to perform detailed requirements analysis on client implementation projects, offer local manual QA support to Enterprise solutions squads that have local developers and to provide second-level support on client-reported issues.
• Collect and document client business requirements.
• Translate business requirements to development tasks
• Write Statements of Work (SOWs) for client projects
• Work with development teams to understand the requirements and tasks required to deliver those requirements
• Assist with quality assurance testing
• Collect client feedback from User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and document issues for the development team
• Assist with second-level product support
• One to three years of experience in a support or data analyst or project manager role.
• Excellent writing, communication, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Experience with or exposure to Agile and software development.
• Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
• A friendly professional demeanor and ability to excel in a highly collaborative team environment .
• Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Familiarity with Morningstar products and capabilities.
• Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence Wiki is a plus.
• A bachelor’s degree is required. MBA or CFA is a plus.