Business Analyst at KeHE Distributors
The Business Analyst is an essential part of our product team by providing functional and systemic analysis to clarify scope. The role is a critical link between end users and our esteemed engineers. This team member brings a curious and empathic mindset to elicit the true requirements from business stakeholders. First and foremost, the Business Analyst is an excellent communicator who writes well, speaks well, and most importantly, listens well. The Business Analyst takes the time to understand why the current situation is 'as it is' and positions the team to deliver results.
An ideal candidate loves data, isn't afraid to explore the data model, and run queries to more deeply understand. Data visualization is an important skill that the Business Analyst uses to better understand reality. The role is perfect for somebody with a learning mindset who is open to exploring a variety of technologies related to the supply chain.
Ultimately our Business Analysts are translators. They speak the languages of technology, business processes, and supply chain. They learn fast and have fun doing it!
- Comfortable with technology, including how to query and organize data?
- Someone who welcomes the opportunity to speak up and ask questions?
- Able to lead conversations to understand and document how our business works now and where we can improve?
- Familiar with the Agile/Scrum framework?
- Ok with moving quickly and shipping small, 'good enough' versions of done, knowing we'll iterate several times to find the best solution?
- Someone with an appetite to learn new things, who is willing to share what you've learned with others?
If so, and if you have a demonstrated track record of delivering on your commitments, overcoming challenges, and creating an environment where team members are open and can do their best work, the BA position at KeHE may be the right next step for your career!
For more on our tech scene, check out KeHE Distributors on Built In Chicago , where we are named one of the Best Places to Work.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Analyze existing business processes to identify gaps and areas of improvement.
- Document as-is and to-be process scenarios.
- Elicit, analyze and document functional and technical requirements as user stories.
- Develop and maintain a customer-focused relationship with business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
- Solicit and prioritize feedback.
- Ask very effective questions to understand motivations and root cause.
- Research and analyze issues. Summarize problem definition and potential solutions.
- Identify test scenarios and assist with testing.
- Assist Product Owner with backlog grooming and user story prioritization.
- Participate in Sprint Planning, User Story Workshop, Retrospectives and other Agile activities.
Major projects include (but not limited to)
- A B2B e-commerce platform for retailers of the food industry
- A B2B digital platform for suppliers of the food industry
- A top-tier virtual marketing show experience built entirely online
- Charity hackathons and contributions to "Make Lives Better"
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 2 years of professional experience in related role.
- Deep competency in the MS Office Suite including Excel, PowerBI, and Sharepoint.
- Experience in an agile environment with an understanding of how each role performs to achieve team goals.
- Proactive, persistent, flexible. Operates independently and reacts quickly.
- Acts with empathy and curiosity. Listens and seeks to understand.
- Flexible and able to handle a variety of assignments in various stages at the same time.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Enjoys interacting with others.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and proven business acumen.
- Business transformation experience, Six Sigma a plus.
What you Get:
Competitive Salary, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/disability insurance, FSA & HSA, 401k, ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan), Wellness Program, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement