The Team: Morningstar's US Shared Services Accounting Center of Excellence team is responsible for processes to ensure prompt billing to clients as well as record AR and revenue timely and accurately. The team works collaboratively with our business groups to support them with timely and insightful information to make informed business decisions.
The Role: This is a Business Analyst role that will work within the Revenue and Receivables team reporting to the Accounting Manager, and will be responsible for setting up global processes within the Quote-to-Cash workstream. In this role, you will work collaboratively with multiple departments to understand, assess, and improve all Maseter Data related to Quote-to-Cash processes across systems. This position is based in Chicago.
• Responsible for monitoring Master Data processes within Salesforce and Oracle systems that allows accurate and timely billing for our clients. You would be the main point of contact working with the Master Data Team within our India Shared Service Group to ensure data quality across systems.
• Create and manage changes to the Salesforce and Oracle systems by proactively seeking out, gathering feedback from users, and identifying needed systems changes. Also responsible for communication of any changes and training global teams as necessary.
• Plan, execute, and document system regression testing when changes need to be implemented.
• Help with process creation, documentation, and maintenance of standard operating procedures within our internal wiki system. This also includes executing current system exception reporting and creating new exception reporting as needed with system changes.
• Participate in the Center of Excellence Quality Assurance Program as well as other cross-functional teams aligned to address business process improvements. This will include utilizing Tableau to create metrics and dashboards to help identify problem areas in the Quote-to-Cash processes. Help to find solutions for problem areas and planning related projects to fix them.
• Co-ordinate with Corporate Systems team on planning and integrating needed changes to systems.
• Support and maintain strong internal controls for our Sarbanes-Oxley compliance process.
• Two to three years of experience in database/system administration.
• Experience with SalesForce.com, Tableau, Oracle’s Contracts, Accounts Receivable and Cash Management modules is a plus.
• General Accounting or Business Administration experience is a plus.
• Strong reporting background with problem solving skills within data and software applications.
• Ability to communicate clearly, work in a team-environment, and assume additional responsibilities over time.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.