Business Analyst - Chicago
Deloitte is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
If you are interested in helping clients in their efforts to address some of their most complex business problems through the effective application of technology and want to do this in an exciting environment, then our Business Analyst program can be the start of an exciting career for you. As a member of an entrepreneurial client project team, you will have the opportunity to learn first-hand how we help many of the world's most influential companies develop their information technology strategy and enhance their technology investments. You will work with a diverse group of people across many different industries, business competencies, and technologies. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership and teamwork and can gain increased responsibilities through multiple client experiences.
As an example, you may be a part of a focused team assisting a client in determining how the IT function can more effectively support the enterprise strategy, or you may have the chance to contribute to a team working to help a client transform their finance function by establishing a single data and technology architecture for its enterprise financial systems. You may also play a role in helping a client in their efforts to design, develop, and implement a new health care system that could save lives.
When you start, you will receive up to four weeks of orientation, professional training, and relevant technology education to help you launch your consulting career. We provide mentoring and counseling programs, as well as professional and technology training. Additionally, top performing Business Analysts have the opportunity to apply for our Graduate School Assistance Program (GSAP) after two years of employment with us.
Once you join us, you will be aligned with the Technology service area where you will have the opportunity to work directly with our clients providing services designed to help them solve their most complex business problems. You will be aligned with a service line prior to your start date based on our service line needs, recommendations from your interviewers and any preference you expressed during the interview process.
Commercial Excellence & Experience
Our Commercial Excellence & Experience team focuses on designing and implementing sales and service experiences, capabilities, and architectures to bring customer strategies to life. Our ambition is to be the best in the world at driving customer transformation through the development of clever commercial strategies, distinctive experiences, and the application of digital technologies. We help make the “creative digital consultancy” real and in doing so, make new markets.
Professionals will serve our clients through the following types of work:
- Sales Excellence & Service Excellence | delivers sales and service strategies and plans, operating model definition, incentive design and implementation, and operations support for digitally-enabled sales, channel, and customer service capabilities
- Digital Experience | creates engaging omni-channel digital experiences across web, mobile, AR/VR, voice, gesture, IoT, and video
- Flexible Consumption | the commercial strategy, operating model definition, and capability delivery of subscription/flexible consumption business models
- Digital Foundry | a flexible, end-to-end delivery model emphasizing innovation and disruption
- DigitalMix | an integrated set of platforms to enable business re-platforming
Qualifications for our Business Analyst include:
• Undergraduate or Master's degree
• 3.4 cumulative GPA strongly preferred with equal or stronger performance in your major(s)
• Strong academic performance and extracurricular activities
• Experience, interest and aptitude in technology
• Sharp analytical mind
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to travel (required)
We are seeking candidates who have demonstrated exceptional performance in these and other related majors:
• Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems
• Accounting, Business, Finance, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain
• Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering