We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is looking for a data-driven, business-minded, results-oriented Business/Financial Analyst to join our TechOps team. The TechOps team is the operational conscience and the executor of designing, building, scaling and operating the infrastructure and services that support hundreds of thousands of orders daily. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to dig into trends and surface value-creating opportunities. This role reports to the VP of Technical Operations, and will work closely with cross-functional teams in Finance and Product.
To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, deeply analytical, highly driven and a strong communicator.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Monitor KPIs and business drivers Technology and Product - highlighting trends and investigating underlying causes of variance
- Perform advanced analytics to better understand the critical drivers of our business – including but not limited to diner behavior, restuarant relationships, product engagement, and market-specific performance
- Effective analysis is only possible with good data - be a champion of data accessibility, accuracy and quality for the Finance team by partnering with our Data and Technology groups
- Prepare KPI reports distributed daily, weekly and monthly to the Executive and Senior Teams
- Help prepare presentations for Board of Directors and Executive Team
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit
You Should Have
- BA/BS from top-tier University
- 1-2 years of experience in an analytical role, preferably within consulting, finance or tech
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast paced environment
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and SaaS vendors (contract negotiations)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Tableau and/or SQL preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.