Job Description for the Junior Business Analyst
The Business Analytics team is responsible for supporting operations by providing meaningful and actionable analytics. The Jr. Business Analyst will be assigned to a specific division where he/she will be responsible for driving operational improvement. The Jr. Business Analyst will be asked to partner with divisional leadership as well as work with Operations Specialists to provide analytics aimed at making their jobs easier. This position reports to the VP of Business Analytics. It is a full time exempt position and the schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Core Responsibilities of the Junior Business Analyst
- Partner with leadership to develop a strategic vision for the department, take a proactive approach to influencing business strategy through data findings and establish meaningful and easy-to-consume reporting that informs teams within the department
- Assist in the generation of departmental business intelligence, data management, analytics and data transfer projects/initiatives
- Gather data to help compose monthly reviews of the operational and financial performance of the division.
- Assess financial and operational performance, identify areas of improvement and develop solutions to help the department grow and become more efficient
- Solid project management capabilities with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously from origin through execution
- Maintain operational reports allowing leaders to analyze the performance of individual members of their team. Identify trends and work with operations specialists to prevent escalations before they occur
- Organize, analyze, interpret, and report on large amounts of raw data with the ability to extract relevant conclusions and present the results to the senior leadership team.
- Develop SLA tracking dashboards in Tableau
Key Competencies of the Junior Business Analyst
- Ability to translate data into analysis and then into actionable insights
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
Education and Experience for the Junior Business Analyst
- Education Level: undergraduate degree (Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, preferred)
- 1-3 years of analytical work experience
- Computer Skills: Advanced proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- High level of proficiency with Excel & PowerPoint
Additional Requirements of the Junior Business Analyst
- System Experience: Tableau, Python or R
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external clients
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills including the ability to prioritize multiple time-sensitive deadlines in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Exceptional at developing business partnerships
- Strong communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.