At TopstepTrader, individuals fully own their roles and are charged with producing meaningful results. We work fast and continuously optimize our products to reach more and more traders worldwide.
We’re looking for a passionate Business Analyst who thrives at the intersection of data, product, and engineering. We have lofty growth goals this year, and we aren't short on ideas to tackle them. Our team needs an analytical and creative mind to help execute and bring those ideas to market, while delivering an exceptional user experience to our traders. From conducting user interviews, to wireframing our next A/B test, to conducting special analysis for the CEO, we can ensure there will never be a dull moment in this role!
The successful candidate will also have a genuine enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and be able to excel in a fast-paced, high energy start-up environment.
Excited about this opportunity? Read on.
The Role, along with everything you’d expect
- The Business Analyst role is an ideal opportunity to contribute to the short and long term direction of a B2C subscription model product
- You’ll be on the front lines of solving our technical and user experience challenges
- Champion our users! Learn and empathize with them, understanding their pain points, solving the right problem by discovering unmet needs through user interviews, A/B testing, analyzing data, and conducting competitive research
- The BA will work closely with our Product Manager, who has both consulting and start-up experience, and who is serious about learning, teaching, and mentoring
- Gain exposure working with partners, both for overall relationship building as well as potential feature builds and enhancements
- This is a great opportunity to learn about the trading industry and financial markets
- You’ll be able to create new processes and establish the culture of our expanding Product team
- You can also learn about how a growing company operates and makes decisions. We’re really transparent about everything from company performance to leadership decisions
The Ideal Candidate
- Project Management skills are absolutely crucial in this role as you will be managing multiple moving pieces. Be ready to chat about your favorite project, your most/least successful leadership moments, and your organization skills
- Experience gathering requirements, especially the ability to ask the right questions and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to analyze needs for functional requirements
- Willingness to guide developers as they build features, understanding tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Agile/iterative approach. We’re a small, fast-moving company, so this will be a great fit for someone willing to roll up their sleeves to perform any and all responsibilities needed to ensure project success
- Strong decision-making skills. You understand the value of making data-driven decisions and gaining insights from product metrics to back up assumptions, but also know when to follow your intuition in the absence of metrics
- Quality. You insist on the highest standards but know that perfection is the enemy of good
- Smart and approachable. Establishing a great rapport is one of the most important aspects of the role as you’ll be involved in aspects of many different projects
- Ability to prioritize initiatives and communicate clearly across the company. We always have a lot going on, and we rely on our team members to have the skills to navigate the best way to accomplish our goals
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- 401(k) plus match, to help plan for your future
- Generous paid family leave, plus flexible ramp-up period upon return, and extra PTO days
- Access to senior management and mentoring opportunities
- Monthly team Innovation Labs, which contribute to long term strategic decisions
- Vacation bonus, when you take off 5 consecutive days to fully clock out
- #TopstepTravel, a semi-regular raffle for luxury accommodations in a variety of cities
- Professional development budget, provided for continuing education, training, and workshops
- Employee Assistance Program, for when you need some professional support in your personal life
- Company parties and outings, happy hours and catered lunches, breakfast and snack bar
- Annual company-wide Step Up Day, a day spent giving back to our community
- Graceful Leave Policy
- Casual work environment and dress code
- Summer Friday (flexible) hours
- Opportunities to work from home
- Pre-tax spending accounts, for your dependent and health care needs plus transportation
- Paid time off (starting at 15 days, increasing annually), plus paid holidays, paid sick days, and paid volunteer hours
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
Is TopstepTrader the place for you? If so, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
TopstepTrader is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, or any other basis protected under the law.