Business Analyst at McDonald's Global Technology (Chicago, IL)
McDonald’s goal is to be a modern, progressive burger company delivering a contemporary customer experience. Customers are expecting new and exciting experiences and services that are easy to use and seamlessly integrated into their daily lives. In response to this consumer driven trend McDonald’s is launching a global digital commerce platform that will enable us to grow sales, guest counts and communicate more meaningfully and personally with our digital customers.
The Corporate IT Delivery team is looking for a Business Technical Analyst to help approved Markets localise, pilot and launch the new Digital Services for their customers. There is already a significant level of investment in core restaurant technology as part of our Experience of the Future (EOTF), delivering new services and experiences to our customers from order taking on traditional POS, to self-service kiosks, table service and tablet order taking solutions. This role is at the forefront of the next wave of innovation.
The Digital Adoption Business Technical Analyst will work closely with the Digital Adoption Lead and Manager, local Market IT and Corporate IT Teams to ensure assigned tasks and activities are completed within the corporate software development life cycle (SDLC) framework. This will include coordinating localisation activity for with Market IT Leads for Digital Technology Products and ensuring the necessary technology pre-requisites are understood and in place. The role will also involve working with local IT Teams and strategic partners to prepare and review functional and non-functional requirements, to manage issues that arise during project execution, prepare and improve technical documentation and to ensure product quality standards are met.
The ideal candidate has strong communication and analytical skills, is self-motivated, and has a proven track record of working as part of a Digital commerce Programme and/or a digital agency background. A key competency is communication, as the successful candidate must be able to collaborate effectively across multiple global teams.
The role is responsible for delivering against several streams of work in the Digital commerce Programme:
· Educated to degree level.
· A minimum of 3 years experience as a Business Analyst and/or Technical Analyst, ideally having previous experience of Digital commerce CRM and/or point of sale solutions in the retail sector, or working within a Digital Commerce agency.
· Experience working with Global (virtual) teams preferred.
· Energetic, enthusiastic, organised, customer focused with a strong attention to detail.
· Experience of business process engineering - capable of interpreting user / customer requirements and working with IT team to translate these into clear and concise process flow documentation.
· Knowledge of formal change management processes and methodologies such as ITILv3 and Agile development
· Exceptional influence skills – demonstrated ability to create followership, orchestrate and motivate teams from planning through the delivery of solutions.
· Desire and ability to build strong, cohesive relationships at all levels of the organization- up, down, and across
· Demonstrated technical acumen.
· Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise way, ensuring the organization makes rapid and informed decisions
· Self-driven leader who actively works to remove barriers to achieving results.
· Adapts to changes in priorities with ease, comfortable working “in the grey” while defining the way forward.
· Additional European languages are an advantage.
· Work to tight timescales with high quality deliverables.
· Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
· Strong problem solver / lateral thinker.
· Ability to understand, configure, and manage complex technology solutions
· Digital Commerce Product Localisation & Market Delivery Assistance
o Work with Corporate IT and PMO partners to participate in scoping and grooming session to provide overall technical feedback and/or market specific requirements.
o Acts as SME for corporate IT, QMS, and market teams during requirement gathering and when issues arise during lifecycle of the project.
o Define and be able to communicate the pre-requisites for adopting, testing and managing a digital commerce project and suite of new products in a market. An understanding of systems architecture is important in order to understand the integration requirements and the technology stack being deployed.
o Work with the Digital Technology COE, Digital Adoption Partners and other vendors to define feature implementation and localisation guides, IT training material and feature configuration standards.
o Facilitate virtual working team meetings with MDT BTAs to share requirement progress, release planning, detailed configuration or market handoff documentation and formulate best practices across BTA resources.
o Assist Market IT with the transition to a BAU business model once the Digital project has been delivered. This includes process and documentation for on boarding, configuration guidelines, data requirements, and go live cut over check lists.
o Assist the IT Delivery QMS team and IT Delivery Support Team to establish a robust, scalable testing and support model for Digital products as well as lab configuration.
o Lead requirement sessions and gap analysis with key stakeholders in the market to implement the Global CRM strategy.
· Digital Commerce Product Education:
o Research, configure and test technical configuration details to prove out requirements before the Market receives technical training on Digital Technology products.
o Provide best practice know-how, technical configuration/data and deployment documentation to enable mass deployment the digital platform.
o Provide details/overview of the CRM strategy and document market specific requirements for implementation within each market.
o Manage the creation of digital commerce technical training material with market BTAs to include market specific details.
o Actively partners with other business technical analysts within the wider IT team to align on plans, share knowledge and identify product dependencies / risks / issues.
· Active engagement with Key partners:
o Develop strong working relationship with internal stake-holders including: - Corporate IT, Segment Teams, Digital COE, Operations, Legal and market stakeholders.
o Develop strong working relationship with internal stake-holders including: - Digital Adoption Partners and other key suppliers.