Business Automation Engineer at Echo Global Logistics
At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
The Business Automation Engineer on the Echo Global Logistics Data Team is responsible for creating and maintaining a digital workforce using a Robotic Process Automation tool. In this role, you will build and maintain software robots that will assist in the automation of key business processes. In addition to the technical aspect of this role, you will also work closely with business stakeholders to gather and document requirements.
Essential Position Functions
- See technology as a passion, not something you just do between 9-5
- Have strong fundamentals to combine attention to detail, science and technology to test new products which will accomplish solid business gains
- Possess the ability to test innovative solutions; we operate on a web based platform and constantly facing unchartered waters
- Are curious intellectually and excited to learn several new business concepts and technologies
- Are a proactive thought leader; you recognize new opportunities and bring valuable ideas to the table, fix things before they break, mentor others
- Enjoy communicating and connecting with other technologists and non-technical colleagues
- Value passionate engineers, technologists, and go-getters, who never stop seeking ways to improve quality and processes
- Have a high focus on career development and the runway to get you there
- Work hard and smart, period
- Offer competitive compensation, benefits, 401k, challenging projects, company-wide events, coworkers and leaders who will push you to get better, a sense of community not found elsewhere
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Business Sponsors, Engineers, QA and Architecture
- Develop deep expertise of Echo’s internal and client-facing technology product lines
- Document complex software functionality
- Identify and Optimize current business practices, workflows, and systems
- Utilize internal systems to automate redundant processes through development
- Manage and transfer data using in-house software applications
- Leverage SQL to extract and query data
- Analyze data and provide reports for various internal departments and management to increase efficiency and effectiveness of data provided
- Provide mentorship to teammates
- Work to continuously advance your skill set
- Ability to prioritize projects from competing stakeholders and manage client expectations
- Undergraduate degree in: Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics/Mathematics, Analytics, Logistics/Supply Chain, or Business
- 1-3 years Systems Analysis, Automation or Logistics experience
- Proficient in SQL
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Very organized and detailed oriented
- Proven record of accomplishment in working in a fast paced environment
What's in it for you?
- Help career growth by joining an industry leader and continuing to advance Echo proprietary technologies
- Working for an organization with intelligently defined strategic goals, sophisticated products and steady growth
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on our product offerings
- Work in the full software delivery life-cycle
- Ability to constantly enhance and improve applications
- Have a clearly defined career growth track with enough flexibility to pave your own way
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.