We are currently looking for a detail-oriented professional to support our Business Development team in the procurement and merchandising of Mystery Tackle Boxes. You will be owning the back end processes that allow our merchandising team to focus on procuring the best fishing tackle in the world as well as serve as the cross-functional liaison between multiple departments.
What you will do:
- Support the product procurement and vendor management process, including:
- Overall management of purchase order process with manufacturing partners
- Work directly with logistics providers and partners to ensure on time deliveries
- Communicating with partners post purchase to respond to questions or concerns
- Oversee MTB samples and imaging process
- Managing and creating product information in our internal database
- Analyzing and communicating inventory availability across multiple channels
- Optimize current processes by instigating improvements or helping drive them with other teams (e.g., engineering, operations)
- Assisting the Associate Director of Business Development and General Manager of MTB with any strategic projects
What experience you need:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent listening, verbal, written and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail in managing multiple priorities
- Interest in any of the following is a plus: e-commerce, startups, outdoor sports
- Interest/experience in fishing not required!
What will make you successful:
- Action: Ability to adapt to different working and communication styles, and to make progress independently
- Curiosity: Asks questions. Drives to proactively improve processes and performance
- Passion: Persistence in following through with initiatives.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.