Business Insights Analyst at ServiceNow
Proactive Business Monitoring (Mission Control)
Job Title: Business Insights Analyst
Location: Santa Clara / San Diego / Chicago
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our Customer, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
As ServiceNow continues its unprecedented growth, the company seeks to further establish its data and advanced analytics foundation and capabilities. ServiceNow is seeking a proactive, passionate analyst to help deliver the most strategic insights to the company. The Business Insights Analyst will proactively monitor the real-time health of the business to ensure the company leadership has the right insights and recommendations to grow and scale the company. This role is a hybrid of traditional roles in strategy, business/customer analysis, research, and data visualization – requiring a mix of strategic thinking, analytics and data management, and business operations skills. This position will be reporting to the Head of Business Insights.
We are looking for a talented individual with a strategic viewpoint who can grow and adapt along with our fast-paced business. The ideal candidate is relentlessly curious, has high analytical capability and is passionate about creating innovative analysis to understand trends and identify opportunities. This individual is energized by creating actionable insights and recommendations for business leaders and is highly collaborative with both business and technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
What you get to do in this role:
- Contribute to analysis on business performance. Works autonomously to proactively uncover trends and anomalies, develops actionable insights from analysis of real-time business dashboards that will drive business decisions and actions.
- Improve operational excellence through proactive identification and execution of initiatives that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches to the business. This includes identifying ways in which tools can be built and deployed to improve workflows.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation/visualization of data to see beyond the numbers; transform raw data into actionable insights and recommendations
- Alert the Data Quality, Analytics and/or Business teams to real-time events impacting the customer experiences or business operations.
- Create frameworks to better understand and monitor key business activities. Contribute solutions to improve monitoring and alert systems for Data and Analytics.
- Build cross-functional relationships and be able to establish resources to help solve complex interdisciplinary problems on behalf of the business. Proactively identify areas for deeper analysis and study.
- Partner with key business leaders. Prepare analysis and recommendations for strategic decision-making.
- Keep the real-time pulse of the business. Quickly identify emerging trends, appropriately triage and action any anomalies found in day-to-day activities and operations.
- Become a game-changing extension of the Analytics organization that directly affects overall company strategy and growth.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g., Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Business or a related field). Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 2+ years of prior experience in business, strategy, analytics and/or research or equivalent
- Self-starter with a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand. Demonstrated passion for connecting the dots, digging deeper to uncover stories and trends in data, with a keen eye for detail.
- Exposure to enterprise business processes across Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Renewal, Professional Services, Usage Analytics, Customer Support, Finance, etc. in a cloud-based business model.
- Experience using data to drive business decisions including the ability to structure problems for analysis, analyze the data, and provide actionable recommendations through effective and compelling storytelling.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage effectively at all levels of the organization, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively across different functions
- Experience with Tableau and/or Power BI (or similar analytical packages) a plus
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Advanced SQL skills with the ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries. Experience with SAP Hana a plus.
- Experience with R, SAS, or Python a plus.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.