Business Insights - Performance Analytics
About the Department:
US Business Insights & Strategy group acts as McDonald's USA’s central data analytics and strategic advisory function. We advise and partner with other functions such as Marketing, Menu Innovation, Operations, and Finance on key US strategic initiatives and provide insights on business performances at the executive level.
About the Opportunity:
As part of the overall Business Insights group, the Performance Management & Strategy team is currently undergoing a transformation journey on how McDonald’s looks at the business, measure performance, and develop actionable insights. We are looking for people to be part of this critical effort with experience in data analytics and system programming to help us develop the underlying performance management infrastructure and use robust programming skills to turn data points into actionable insights. This is a unique opportunity for anyone looking to build a career as a data scientist and learn how McDonald’s as a business is run. This position will also help one build strong relationships with other functional disciplines through special projects and research initiatives.
- Develop automated business management reporting solutions through geographical, product mix, sales channel, and other dimensions
- Design complex and interactive visual interfaces and dashboards by using tools such as Tableau
- Evolve new analytical approach to evaluate the performance of US business and provide insights to executives
- Conduct project-based analysis that deep dive into specific business areas and provide recommendations
- Provide advice and guidance to others on efficiently conduct data mining and analysis
- System proficiency: SQL, Python, R, SAS
- Data visualization platform proficiency: Tableau, Powerpoint
- Self-starter with high level of intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical and enthusiastic problem solving mindset
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Ability to structure and quickly synthesize large volumes of data to develop and deliver actionable insights
- Ability to operate independently and effectively in a team-based environment
- Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or Economics preferred
- 2 + years work experience in Business Insights, Research, Strategy, or analytical and data intensive roles
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.