Business Intelligence Analyst / Developer at IMC Trading
LIFE AT IMC AS BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST / DEVELOPER
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
BUSINESS INTELIGENCE & ANALYSIS TEAM AT IMC:
The BP&A Team plays an important role in our finance operations and partners closely with the finance, trading and middle office teams to understand their needs and provide them with meaningful insights through data analysis and reporting.
You will analyze big data and extract valuable information, making it readily available in the decision making process. You maintain existing and develop new business reporting solutions and you develop tools that increase efficiencies, data processing and load times.
You will work closely with other Data Analysts/Engineers to maintain and develop best practices and keep the middle office, finance and trading teams up to speed with various migrations. You collaborate with global teams in Chicago and Sydney, reporting into the local BP&A lead.
The ideal candidate acts as a true partner to the business and is both technical and business-savvy, displaying strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN:
- You will act as a true partner to all areas of the business
- We strive to create cohesive global teams and you will collaborate with teams in Chicago and Sydney reporting into a global lead
- You will work closely with other data analyst / engineers to maintain and develop best practices and keep the middle office, finance and trading teams up to speed with various migrations
WHO YOU ARE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics or other quantitative backgrounds or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of work experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst, preferably in a (Strategy) Consultancy role or a similar client facing position
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business acumen
- Interest in and preferably exposure to finance processes
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one programming / scripting language (i.e. Python)
- Experience with developing business reporting applications (Qlikview strongly preferred) and ETL’s
- Someone who thrives within a dynamic, quickly changing environment