Business Intelligence Analyst at Kin Insurance
At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
At Kin, we are modernizing and simplifying a 100-year-old industry by building our product suite from the ground up, and in case it’s not obvious, our customers are our top priority. The Business Intelligence Analyst role owns data & analytics enterprise wide – working with internal leadership to define and report KPIs; collaborating with engineering to ingest, clean, and analyze data from multiple sources; and delivering actionable insights across multiple teams. We want to hire someone who enjoys digging into data, which they will use to open new opportunities and a keen eye on market penetration, as well as optimize performance management results to shape the technology solutions that drive strategic initiatives across the company.
A day-in-the-life could include:
● Conduct deep-dive analysis of business problems, identify root causes of business trends through data, collaborate across functional teams to formulate conclusions and recommendations
● Play a key role in determining an optimized plan of action to deliver comprehensive BI solutions across our technology products, campaigns and market share performance
● Design, develop, and maintain scalable and reliable analytical tools, dashboards, and metrics that drive crucial actionable decisions
● Assist with data vendor analysis and integration
● Use analytics tools to monitor performance of new product launch, existing marketing campaigns and sales effectiveness behaviors
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
● Bachelor’s degree or master’s in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field
● Must have a consulting or BI/Analytics background
● Minimum 1-3 years professional work experience in a data-centric role
● Strong business acumen to make sense of and bring logic to data
● Highly skilled in data visualization using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Looker, etc.
● Intermediate SQL skills with a proven ability to independently query data from disparate sources, experience in programming in R or Python is a plus and familiarity with ETL processes
● Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot Tables, vLookup, Index/Match, Power Query, etc.)
● Experience working in cloud-based data warehouse environments (Redshift, AWS, Snowflake, Azure, etc.)
● Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
● Interest or experience in highly regulated and / or startup environment(s)
● Passion for telling stories with data and excellent executive presence
We’ve got you covered
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
● Commuter Benefit Plans
● Flexible PTO
● Flex Spending Accounts
● Disability Insurance
● Life Insurance
● Onsite gym membership
● Company provided lunch several times a month
● Rotating option of snacks, daily
● Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!