Business Intelligence Analyst at Vail Systems, Inc.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Vail Systems Company Profile
Vail's mission is to create better contact experiences for the employees and customers of our Fortune 500 clients. We analyze various aspects of contact experiences to find ways to decrease agent and customer effort while improving customer engagement and satisfaction. To accomplish this, we developed proprietary technology that analyzes the most human aspects of conversations.
Business Intelligence Analyst
As millions of interactions move through our platform, billions of packets of voice data are analyzed by our systems. On behalf of our clients, we measure things like voice clarity, emotion, and stress to better understand, predict, and react to conversation dynamics. Vail's proprietary technology has opened the door to new measurements of customer satisfaction, speech intelligibility, and fraud risk. Our continuing development is leading to new solutions for speech analysis, automatic performance measurements, and real-time coaching which empower our clients to humanize their contact center experiences.
Building successful business relationships requires a clear understanding of our client's business needs as well as an ability to communicate the ongoing value of our solutions. Members of the team merge our data with client data to make the perfect match between their business needs and our solutions. Communicating our findings requires a knack for turning complex insights into compelling business stories. Our analysts test hypotheses and leverage storytelling to facilitate collaboration between our clients and product managers. We're looking for people to join this team.
You have an affinity and passion for analyzing vast amounts of quantitative and qualitative data. You are methodical and scientific, constantly building and testing your hypothesizes. You challenge yourself and work well independently, but can contribute to a diverse team as well. You feel just as much at home running statistical tests in Python, Excel, or R as you do with building visualizations in Tableau, Superset, or Power BI. You have no problem getting into the weeds of a problem when necessary. And when in the weeds, the drum you march to is an upbeat soundtrack playing in your head.
Here are the essentials we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Business, or related field
- Fluency in Tableau, Superset, Power BI, or other data visualization tools
- Experience supporting the strategic analysis that impact decisions
- Proficiency with SQL, and non-relational databases
- Ability to communicate and distill complex analyses for a non-technical audience
- Proven track record of collaborating well with clients and team members
- Experience developing statistical or pattern recognition applications in Python, R, or Matlab
But you'll set yourself apart if you can also demonstrate:
- A talent for storytelling and an elegant visual style
- A firm understanding of operational and financial business metrics
- Prior experience with speech analytics tools and especially with contact center data