Aptitive is a Chicago based modern data and analytics consulting firm that sets strategy and develops technology to automate the delivery of key information that our clients use to drive their business.
Our consultants work directly with c-level executives on both the IT and business side of the organization to to understand their business goals, create a strategy and roadmap to address these goals, and architect and develop end-to-end technology solutions.
At Aptitive, you’ll have the freedom to use your technical background and creative problem solving skills to make a direct impact on our clients. Exceptional client work is rewarded with fast-paced growth opportunities. Our bi-annual review process and mentorship program ensures that top performing consultants are recognized and promoted. We also offer a generous training stipend to further support our employee’s growth.
Local projects and flexible schedules are just small indications of our commitment to work-life balance. Aptitive offers unique benefits, like our helping hand program and unlimited PTO, to help you do what you love.
As an Aptitive Business Intelligence Consultant, you’ll work closely with our clients, technology partners, and team to develop tech-forward solutions for our client’s unique business challenges. Typical projects focus on areas such as:
- Data Strategy
- Data Modernization & Warehousing
- Analytics & Business Intelligence
- Application & Data Integration
- Data Science & Machine Learning
What You’ll Do
- Work with local clients throughout the Chicagoland area.
- Learn and work with cutting-edge technologies.
- Gain knowledge about industries such as; healthcare, retail, insurance, manufacturing, etc.
- Collaborate with a team to help design and architect robust data and analytical solutions for our clients.
- Work directly with clients to understand and document their business and technology requirements.
- Design, code and test data centric solutions.
- Be involved from the beginning to the end of the system development life cycle (SDLC).
- Mentor and help grow the careers of others.
- Contribute significantly to the growth of Aptitive and our clients.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You’re curious and love to explore new technologies
- You have strong analytical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- You’re an effective communicator that’s comfortable presenting to executive clients
- You have the ability to think independently while working in a collaborative environment
- You have a passion for personal growth and continuous learning
- You can quickly adapt to new situations and are comfortable being uncomfortable
- You’re excited to share knowledge and expertise with other Aptitive software innovators and architects
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Experience working with clients or customers
- 1-2 years experience developing dashboards in Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, and/or similar business intelligence tools
- Understanding data visualization and design best practices
- Proficient experience working with ETL architectures, SQL, and database/data warehouse development
- Experience designing data models (dimensional, data vault, third normal form, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS and/or Azure technology architecture and design patterns
- Have written complex transformation logic to make the consumption of data clean, performant, and re-usable
- Willingness and desire to learn new and unfamiliar technologies
- Polished written and oral communication skills
- Can be productive independently and in a team environment
- Willing to commute to client sites within the Chicagoland area
- Fun and enjoyable to work with
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Previous consulting experience
- Ability to bridge the gap between a technical team and business stakeholders
- Experience working in a team setting
- Experience with multiple phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)