Business Intelligence Data Analyst at OppFi
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to help the everyday consumer gain access to credit. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago. We welcome individuals to join us in facilitating financial inclusion and credit access for everyday consumers to live the life they deserve.
OppFi is a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every day and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!
What you get to do:
At OppFi, our ecosystem of data and processes is growing and becoming more complex (in a good way). You are a problem solver who will analyze our business to improve processes and maximize conversion rate. You will never stop asking, "How can we do this better?"
As a data analyst, you love absorbing and analyzing data, and telling compelling stories through your analyses. You are comfortable with technology systems and your first instinct is to dive in to the data.
- Lead the daily trending analyses of our goals. Enhance our automated alerting systems, and create better visualization frameworks to increase the accessibility of our data. Research and create new goals that guide our business.
- Combine and analyze both structured and unstructured data to create meaningful analyses. Extract, segment, and report on data in clear graphs, charts and other visualizations. Provide strategic recommendations based on the data to improve our business.
- Help build algorithms that breathe more intelligence into our existing systems, such as automation for decision-making, customer routing, and call strategies.
- Be unafraid to break existing rules, reimagine new processes, and build them. Focus not just on Data, but Data + Action.
- Be a motivational employee who works with other teams. Gather requirements for analytics projects and products.
- Take ownership and responsibility in defining the direction of the Credit Data strategy and help build a motivated team. Be excited about teaching and growing together with the team.
- Source and implement creative technology solutions that expand our Analytics toolkit.
- You will be the intersection of Business, Data, and Operations. This visible role, is the central hub to important partners across several departments such as Sales, Marketing, Credit, and Technology.
What you will bring to the team:
- 1+ years of experience in data analytics. Experience with SQL. Experience with R/Python and data visualization tools such as Periscope, Tableau.
- Experience in a high-growth startup and the financial services industry.
- Creative person who is excited to learn and identify opportunities. Translate data analysis into action.
- Have demonstrated quantifiable achievements in previous roles.
Reports to: Vice President, Analytics
Job Level: Analyst
The minimum salary for this role is $60,200. The total compensation package includes eligibility for performance-based bonuses as well as a 1-time equity grant based on level.The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations.
Define your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience from Day 1. Key new hire programs include Day 1 Orientation, training with your manager and team, lunches with our CEO and President, and an educational summit featuring presentations by our senior leaders. Throughout and beyond your first-year journey, you'll have access to a variety of events focused on culture, inclusion, connection, and education. We want you to feel welcomed, informed, and valued for who you are and what you bring to our company.
- Day 1 - Month 3: Define Your Mission
You’ll understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your position at OppFi plays a part in that. With the help of your manager, you’ll set mission-aligned goals to make an impact in your role.
- Months 3 - 6: Define Your Belonging
You’ll understand OppFi’s culture and know how to engage with and influence that culture.
- Months 6 - 12: Define Your Journey
You’ll feel confident in your ability to execute in your role and empowered to take next steps in developing your career at OppFi.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
OppFi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any actual or perceived legally recognized protected bases under local, state, or federal law or regulations. Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].