Business Intelligence Engineer at SPINS LLC
SPINS is a diverse group of positive professionals with an unwavering commitment to help propel the natural and organic industry forward. Our company culture promotes individualism and encourages creative expression while innovating new industry applications, in a collaborative and highly rewarding environment.
We pride ourselves on building meaningful relationships with each member of our team and stimulating creativity by exposing our talent to various aspects and opportunities across the company. As we continue to grow our unique collective of innovators, industry experts, software engineers and business consultants, we can increase America’s access to healthier product alternatives, by continuing to empower our manufacturer and retail partners.
We look forward to learning more about you and how your talents can help shape the future of SPINS.
Our Engineering team creates solutions that cover the entire lifecycle of information utilization, from ideation through implementation. We are investing heavily in our products and rebuilding our Business Intelligence platforms using the latest database, big data, and reporting technologies.
The Business Intelligence Engineer will create user information solutions by designing and coding medium- to high-complexity reports, leveraging the latest Qlik Sense reporting platform and tools. This position will be part of a team within engineering working on business intelligence.
This is a position on the Applications Development Team and will be based out of the SPINS' downtown Chicago office.
- Design and code medium- to high-complexity reports, leveraging Qlik Sense Server, Enterprise Edition
- Collaborate with internal and external users to identify reporting requirements, design features and specifications
- Convert user stories to report designs
- Design and implement security and distribution architecture for reports
- Import data into the Data Warehouse from source systems using ETL
- Debug reporting problems and issues in QlikView/Qlik Sense and Java code
- Provide support to ensure optimal performance of reports and dashboards
- Support all facets of data modeling and data management activities
- Maintain the data dictionary and drive adherence
- Create all types of reports and insightful data displays
- Identify and escalate issues that put work at risk of delay and propose suitable alternatives
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems Management or equivalent experience; Master’s degree is a plus
- 5 years experience working with QlikView/Qlik Sense BI reporting platform: Direct Discovery Experience a plus
- Design and data visualization experience is a plus
- UI/UX expertise for web based application is a plus
- A passion for data visualization and a meticulous attention to detail
- Hands-on experience with relational databases
- Solid experience with coding SQL queries and Java
- Demonstrated skill in designing and developing complex studio reports involving drill down and master detail queries
- Strong knowledge of data models and data mining techniques, database design and writing stored procedures
- Familiarity with agile development methodology and processes
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure we have a great benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.