Business Intelligence Manager at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is looking for a data-driven, business-minded, results-oriented Business Intelligence Manager (internally titled, Manager of Data and Reporting) to join our Care Organization. The Care Reporting & Analytics team is the analytical engine of the Care organization - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for the Care Leadership team and leaders across the organization. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business - working cross-functionally to dig into trends and surface value-creating opportunities. This role reports to the Director of Care Strategy & Operations.
To succeed in this role, you must be innately curious, deeply analytical, highly driven and a strong communicator. It’s also important that you’re self-motivated and have a “whatever it takes” attitude. Oh and of course, providing stellar customer service is a must.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build out and maintain a reporting platform to display organizational dashboards, vendor performance metrics, manager performance metrics, and agent level performance
- Perform advanced analytics to better understand the critical drivers of our business – including but not limited to diner behavior, restaurant relationships, product engagement, and market-specific performance
- Organize and maintain data for agent performance and key performance indicators
- Responsible for reporting and data analysis across all of Care - highlighting trends and investigating underlying causes of variance
- Prepare KPI reports distributed daily, weekly and monthly to the Executive and Senior Teams
- Effective analysis is only possible with good data - be a champion of data accessibility, accuracy and quality by partnering with our Data and Technology groups
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit
- Work with the Leadership Team to achieve specific Care goals in our pursuit to provide world class customer service
You Should Have
- BA/BS from top-tier University
- 4+ years of analytical experience, preferably within consulting or tech
- Big data skills. You are an expert with SQL and comfortable tying very complex datasets together to tell a story.
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and clearly communicate important data (including advanced Microsoft Excel
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; Tableau skills strongly preferred
- Be able to effectively communicate and explain metrics across all levels of the organization
- Ability to balance attention to detail and accuracy with expeditious execution in a fast paced environment (think 80/20)
- Extremely organized and structured
- Honest and authentic management style with the ability to build relationships and trust quickly.
- 2+ years of management experience
- Strong data presentation skills in Excel and/or Tableau
- 3+ years building dashboards in Tableau, Qlik or similar enterprise business intelligence tools
- Python knowledge for bonus points
And Of Course, Perks!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]