Business Operations Process Analyst at Cisco Meraki
Cisco Meraki is searching for a process analyst to join our Business Operations team!
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter. As a business unit of Cisco Systems, Meraki is the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, with products and technology architecture that are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud- managed IT a reality. Headquartered in SF, the team has a growing international footprint with offices in Europe, Australia, Singapore, Japan, and China. On top of that, we're on track to be the most successful acquisition in Cisco's history (and certainly the most fun).
While we have some generous benefits, like our onsite gym with weekly fitness and yoga classes, daily catered lunch, and paid time off to volunteer, what truly makes Meraki special are the people. People at Meraki keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, meaningful, and rewarding.
Are you ready to join the team?
You are an experienced process analyst with strong business discernment, ready to partner with teams across the organization to drive large-scale initiatives.The role is highly interdisciplinary and requires strong collaboration with sales, channel, operations, business systems, strategy, product and finance teams. You should be passionate about learning the behind-the-scenes operations of a company - how things work, why they are the way they are, and what the impact is to internal and external audiences. You are always hungry for knowledge and eager to get things done (and done well). To top it off, you are open to change and not afraid of iteration.
As a Business Operations Process Analyst, your projects will focus on business transformation, process creation and/or improvement, different monetization models, and go-to-market operations. You are ready to jump into solution design discussions, excited to articulate complex processes and provide your point of view. You will be responsible for reviewing, implementing and improving processes that help the organization scale and run more efficiently.
What you will do:
- Manage complex project scopes, identify risks and issues that may impact success, and be able to measure ROI of projects
- Facilitate large, cross-functional team collaboration across the organization where priorities and development lifecycles may differ
- Perform early evaluations on projects in pipeline, including detailed information gathering, brainstorming solutions with the team, assessing impact to various stakeholders and understanding limitations
- Learn processes end-to-end
- Actively recommend/drive improvements
- Design and implement processes that are simple to follow, compliant, and fulfill all business requirements
- Advise and review solutions from other teams while maintaining an objective lens
- Communicate changes to affected parties via change management efforts
- Document new and amended processes
- Drive adoption of new processes and standard methodologies
- Analyze data to advise decisions and report on metrics
- Build credible and meaningful relationships across the organization
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in management consulting, business process management, project management or program management
- Experience with implementing end-to-end business processes and managing complex project scopes (familiarity with quote to cash and SaaS processes preferred)
- Self-starter with high degree of motivation to drive projects and works well in ambiguity
- Upbeat, personable, and able to work within set timelines across teams
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrates collaboration, project management, and change management skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.