The future, as we see it, has millions of devices connected to the internet — everything from citywide bike sharing systems to smarter heart monitors to internet-connected eggs to catch turtle poachers. Hologram is here to connect anything to the internet — via our global cellular platform and network available in over 200 countries and territories. The future is connected, and we are connecting it.About the Business Operations Team
The Business Operations team strives to help Hologram's customer-facing teams deliver world class service and support. To accomplish this, we build processes and maintain systems to ensure the trains are always running on time (or even a little early). Our team loves being detail-oriented, getting the most out of Excel and other tools, creating and maintaining documentation for key processes, and solving cross-functional challenges.
You will report to the Head of Business operations and work closely with colleagues from logistics, sales, finance, product, legal, and customer success.This Role
The Business Operations Specialist will help provide the reporting and insights necessary to support the productivity and strategic initiatives of teams in a high-growth, rapidly evolving organization. Working closely with Business Ops leadership, you will help develop metrics, automate operational processes, drive manual mechanisms, and dive deep into internal processes to find scalable long-term improvements.
We're looking for someone proficient in business processes, who has experience with operational workflows and creating and analyzing reports from raw data. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented and analytical, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work cross-functionally. Experience in sales operations is a plus.
This position is a remote-only contractor role with an estimated 3-5 hours per day, Monday-Friday, to start. Hours may vary from week to week depending on outstanding tasks and organizational priorities. Hours are flexible, but the ideal candidate will have at least 2 hours of availability during normal business hours (Central Time) to support communications with internal teams.
What you'll do:
- Update and analyze regular weekly and monthly reporting.
- Build out new reporting and metrics from raw data to glean meaningful insights.
- Process and review custom monthly reports and invoices for top customers.
- Assisting with various financial reporting and processes, including general billing, Accounts Receivable, and related customer follow up.
- Assist Operations leadership with strategic initiatives, such as work flow studies, project oversight, and data analysis, across a breadth of functional areas, including Logistics, Sales Ops, Revenue, Finance, and Growth.
- Assist with strategic and operational support for the Sales team, including pricing modeling, resource creation and management, and data integrity.
- Utilizing and maintaining Asana, Notion, and other internal tools for processing of tasks and project management.
- Processing of various manual Operational tasks and additional duties as assigned
What should excite you about Hologram:
- Getting to reimagine the global telecommunications space.
- Learning about how to build a business from the ground up.
- Working with a passionate team who is dedicated to building a delightful place to work, and who believes in working smarter, not harder.
- Core values including transparency, equity and mindfulness that we actually live by every day
- A fun, upbeat, and fast-paced team to work with
What gets us excited about you:
- 3+ years of operations, logistics, project management or relevant experience
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer-savvy and comfortable with standard office software, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong Excel skills, including the ability to create and analyze complex formulas
- Basic experience with Asana and Zendesk preferred
- Experience in Finance, Billing, or Sales Operations is a plus
As a Hologrammer, we know you’ll do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members. So we do our best to empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — Hologram is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great: a way to help everyone – and everything – stay online and connected.Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our passion for connecting the world, we’d love to review your application! For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected]
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.