BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST, JUNIOR
Assist as a liaison between developer and end-users, providing technical support to successfully implement system changes in the comprehensive policy and agency management system to comply with filed programs for multiple states, companies, products and lines of business. Provide automated testing of various insurance products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Prepare test plans and scenarios for usability testing, execute test scenarios, approve project implementation and verify the production output upon implementation
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of new states/ products, rate revisions, projects, and production problem corrections, to ensure a quality product
- Formulate the test strategy for testing through analysis of system requirements
- Work closely with Business team to review/clarify requirements and ensure test plan is comprehensive
- Coordinate and document, under supervision, the resolution of problems encountered during and subsequent to the usability testing
- Assist in performing quality control procedures in the production environment
- Maintain familiarity with required vendor service reports per policy transaction, line of business and product, utilizing vendor test bed data to ensure accuracy of expected results in UAT analysis
- Provide automated testing of various insurance products
- Support off-hours deliveries or periodic off-hours functional testing as needed
- Perform other duties as requested
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, organization skills, and timeliness in order to meet customer expectations
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with business and technical resources
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrate effective listening, communicate, interaction, discretion, and diplomacy skills
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Effective time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to aggressive project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the insurance industry and organizational relationships of the company
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Previous Property and Casualty Insurance experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct investigation and research into system errors and discrepancies
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.