Business Systems Analyst at Blueprint Healthcare Real Estate Advisors (Chicago, IL)
Blueprint Healthcare Real Estate Advisors is hiring! We’re looking for a BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST to play a critical role in identifying, improving, and developing technology solutions that maximize productivity and data insights and support our strategic growth. You’ll be the technology subject matter expert and work closely with leadership, third-party developers, and internal team members to understand, set, and achieve goals through thoughtful planning and articulate communication.
This is a salaried, full-time position – based out of our Chicago Loop office.
BLUEPRINT CULTURE & BENEFITS
We’re a unique real estate advisory firm exclusively focused on seniors housing and healthcare. Founded in 2013, we have rapidly become the industry leader, ranking first in activity four years running. We are high-energy, collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic. We look for team members that embody our team mindset and culture of critical thinking and accountability. Check us out at www.BlueprintHCRE.com.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision as well as life and disability insurance, 401K and more. With paid holidays and a Responsible PTO policy, our team is encouraged to take the time they need. Our collaborative office space encourages team building and we are open to flexible schedules and work from home as we transition post-pandemic.
- Analyze current business processes and make recommendations for improvement based on industry trends and professional business knowledge
- Improve training and operational procedures to increase efficiency and productivity
- Work directly with end users to understand the individual needs of the business
- Create and present reports to leadership to support recommendations
- Oversee implementation projects from beginning to completion
- Use a variety of data analysis and organization tools to discover the most impactful insights
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strategy and oversee maintenance and construction of company software systems and architecture
- Serve as a thought leader on issues pertaining to all firm software systems, application development, maintenance, and enhancement
- Act as a technical liaison between internal team and third-party software development firms
- Translate user needs and approved feature requests to developers in technical terms
- Monitor all ongoing third-party development to ensure architectural stability and system design
- Track project timeline progress and budgets to hold contractors accountable
- Critically evaluate software development plans and proposed technology stacks
- Recommend technology choices and architecture designs to ensure stability and flexibility
- Establish and improve uniform, firm-wide data storage processes to ensure data integrity and value of data
- Monitor automated email traffic from web app for irregularities; troubleshoot issues when encountered
- Maintain web hosting/cloud resources
- Perform database backups regularly
- Assist management in helping develop best practices for new firmwide software solutions
- Maintain and update annual IT budget
- Provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to internal team. Coordinate and assign tasks to internal team within a work unit and/or project.
- Develop and employ testing methods for web application to ensure functionality prior to new releases
- Evaluate CRM options and vendors considering cost-benefit ratio, user adaptability, portal integration, and functional flexibility to adapt to firm-specific requirements
- BS in Computer Science / Software Engineering preferred
- Experience with web or mobile applications (developer or project manager)
- Experience working with Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Service
- Technical project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Some knowledge of SQL, PHP (or other scripting languages), working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Database Administration or management (ability to run queries against large data sets)
- Wireframing / UX Design
- UI/UX design – ability to turn stakeholder requirements into actionable software