Campus: Data Scientist (Summer 2019 Start)
Optiver is looking for entry level Data Scientists in our Chicago office. Ideal candidates will leverage proven abilities in statistical analysis and data mining to assist in developing new trading strategies as well as refine existing ones.
You will be responsible for quantitative analysis, research, and tool development. As members of the Trading Team, Data Scientists will collaborate with Traders to creatively solve problems.
What you'll do:
- Quantitatively analyze trade and market data
- Use a multitude of mathematical techniques to identify patterns in financial markets
- Collaborate with Senior Traders and Data Scientists to develop strategies based on identified patterns
- Rigorously back-test prototyped trading strategies
What you’ll need:
- 0 to 1 year of work experience, preferably within the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field.
- Proficiency with a programming language, preferably Python, C or R
- Solid understanding of basic statistics
- The ability to think independently and work collaboratively
- The willingness to teach others and learn new techniques
- Ability to communicate clearly with Traders and Developers
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary global market maker, trading on major financial markets around the world. We opened our first office in Amsterdam and now have locations in Chicago, Shanghai, and Sydney. Optiver employs over 1,000 highly educated professionals worldwide who are continuously improving the way we work and striving for excellence in everything we do. Being good is not good enough, and it’s everyone’s responsibility to make our company better. Founded in 1986, Optiver has been profitable every year of its existence.