Cash Management Analyst at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
This role will be responsible for the execution of electronic funds transfers (fed wires and ACH) and for the investigation and disposition of potential OFAC matches. Under general direction this position completes a host of Treasury tasks in support of payment processing. This individual works with other Discover employees and external partners to ensure that deadlines, regulatory requirements, and SLA's are met as they are related to the specific functions of this role.
- Perform electronic funds transfer activities and comply with multiple regulatory, tax, anti-money laundering, and Compliance mandates. Follow strict operational procedures (high level of accuracy required) under tight deadlines
- Working as the first line of defense and resolving and escalating alerts related to OFAC screening of funds transfers (wire, check, etc.), exercising discretion and independent judgement and assessing the risks posed to company when dispositioning cases and recognizing when a case should be escalated for further review. Documenting proof of information found when dispositioning potential matches and being detailed oriented.
- Interface directly with internal and external partners to resolve issues related to daily transactional activity and take an active role in researching and recommending process efficiencies and improvements.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of strong procedures and controls. Monitoring and enforcement of policies, procedures, and Sox controls across the unit, ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Assist with Cash Management annual projects and working group committees, assist in development, implementation, and optimization of Treasury IT systems. Perform other duties (ad hoc) as assigned
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in General Business
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Cash Management, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Finance, Economics
- 2+ years of experience in Cash Management, or related
- CFA, CTP
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.