Casualty Business Process Manager at CCC Information Services
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
The Casualty Project Manager will take on the lead role managing the execution of rules updates as it relates to Casualty Products. The ideal candidate will have cross functional project and/or program management expertise, be highly organized, have integrated change management skills, be an analytical problem solver and an exceptional communicator. They will need to collaborate across various functions in the organization to execute rules changes and drive efficient workflows across the organization.
Design the various business processes to insure quality, accuracy and timeliness of product changes
- Coordinate with various stakeholders, including legal to insure regular changes meet regulatory and legal requirements
- Design and Drive a project plan around key business areas designed for improvement.
- Drive the requirements writing process by collaborating between various stakeholders and the customer
- Identify and quantify the business impact of the product changes
- Escalation of program issues, risks and roadblocks; with ability to create mitigation and action plans.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings and communications to ensure consistent project milestones are met
- Offer strategic solutions to market needs with the various departments: product, rules, etc.
- Design, build and manage key project artifacts like communication, project, risk/issues and status report plans
- Consult the product teams on approach, design and impact of requested changes, as well as insuring customer objectives are being met.
- 4-year degree required
- Black belt six sigma required
- Strong analytical problem-solving capabilities required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- 7+years professional experience preferred
- Strong communication and collaboration skills required
- Experience managing simultaneous large cross-functional programs required
- Experience utilizing Project Management tools, methodologies and software such as: Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Visio and Office Suite
Qualifications - Preferred:
- Software implementation experience preferred
- Graduate degree preferred
- PMI and Change certification preferred
- Consulting experience preferred
- Familiarity of the Insurance Industry preferred
- Chicago based applicants preferred but not required