CAT DIGITAL: ANALYTICS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (ADP) at Caterpillar
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we’re looking for innovative and curious Data Scientists to start their careers with us as a part of the Cat Digital - Analytics Development Program!
The Cat Digital - Analytics Development Program is a two-year intentional development program designed to accelerate business and technology acumen through use of quantitative and predictive analytics work. Through the program participants will expand their skills through engagement with cutting edge technologies and gain an understanding of how digital and the business work together to build solutions for a better world. Our program provides the right foundation for data scientists to thrive in a culture of intellectual curiosity and meeting challenging goals supported by a network of leaders that want you to be a contributing member of a winning team.
What is Cat Digital?
Cat Digital is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., responsible for bringing world class digital capabilities to our products and services. With almost one million connected assets worldwide, we're focused on using IoT and other data, technology, advanced analytics and AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world.
What Will This Look Like?
We believe that you become the best when you have the best start. That is what we will provide!
• A comprehensive introduction to Caterpillar, Inc. and Cat Digital will set you up for success
working with our team, customers and products
• Intentional experiences designed around some of our greatest customer challenges with
leaders that want you to succeed
• Opportunity to explore and use the latest analytics principles and technologies such as
cloud computing using AWS SageMaker
• Project work using Agile methodology that includes unsupervised learning using data
mining, natural language processing, and clustering, and supervised learning with deep
learning, classification, prediction and inference; potential applications include forecasting,
computer vision, segmentation, simulation / digital twin, and text interpretation
• Collaborate with a cohort of diverse minded program members that will challenge and
• Increase business acumen skills that enable you to successfully problem solve using your
top analytics skills
What Must I Have?
• Minimum of Bachelor’s, preferred Master’s, in Applied Mathematics, Data Science,
Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, Econometrics, Finance,
Economics or a similar field with quantitative coursework
• Applied math, numerical techniques & modeling experience
• Minimum of two completed quantitative analysis projects (academic or industry) with
Python, R or similar enterprise analytical tools
• Proven experience using your analytics skills to solve problems through internships,
professional organizations, student group leadership or community involvement
• Experience of leadership capabilities through internships, professional organizations,
student group leadership or community involvement
• GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
What Would be Good to Have?
• Strong technical & problem-solving skills with accuracy & attention to detail
• Experience building and training machine learning analytics models including deep learning
• Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
• Desire to learn and grow
• Experience applying uncertainty quantification, statistical modeling, and optimization
• Database structures such as SQL, NoSQL, Snowflake, Django, MongoDB, etc.
• Experience visualizing solutions using tools such as Tableau or Power BI
• IoT, eCommerce, or Revenue Growth analytics experience
• Top candidates will have GPA 3.5 or higher
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers