Category Lead ( Senior Procurement Analyst) at Paylocity
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Do you have a curious mind and entrepreneurial spirit? Does the fast-paced dynamics of emerging technologies and market trends interest you? Then, keep reading, because Paylocity has an exciting opportunity for you! As a Procurement Category Lead for Indirect Services, you’ll develop progressive purchasing strategies and category plans for HR, Finance, Sales, Marketing and Operations to support the performance of the business and manage costs. You’ll provide new and innovative ways to solve problems and promote the procurement function throughout the organization.
Best of all, you be joining a company that encourages individuals to have a “voice” and feel empowered. Paylocity values the unique differences of their employees, and wants them to feel truly welcome, and appreciated. The culture is collaborative, flexible, and actively supports growth and career development, with the freedom to carve your own path. The Indirect Services Category Lead is an individual contributor reporting to the Procurement Manager
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Reports To: Procurement Manager
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand business objectives and priorities to source indirect third-party services and solutions for the organization’s service and sales center, marketing campaigns, learning and development, and others as needed.
- Provide benchmark data and sourcing expertise, advising on market dynamics and third-party service providers
- Develop and implement strategic category plans to meet the business goals of efficiency, quality, and cost optimization
- Drive continuous improvement of policies and procedures to optimize spend and reduce procurement cycle
- Issue RFPs, create scoring criteria, analytically evaluate and compare proposals, summarize outcomes, and present recommendations to senior management
- Find synergies across the organization to leverage economies of scale, consolidate supplier base and support the integration of acquired business solutions
- Review and redline third-party contracts (MSAs, SOWs, SAs, etc.), negotiate best commercial terms, and enforce the Delegation of Authority requirements for execution
- Build rapport with external and internal stakeholders to drive engagement levels and develop quality relationships
- Hold regular cross-functional stakeholder meetings to align on progress and new opportunities •Identify and mitigate roadblocks to support resolutions and maintain internal business partner satisfaction
- Use agility to move between big picture thinking and detailed analysis
- Manage, track and report on the performance of strategic third-party alliances, category plans, and spend data
- Utilize Contract Management System to store and administer third-party contracts and use the resulting data to proactively address contracting issues especially around orphaned, perpetual, and auto-renew contracts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business, or related fields
- Minimum 5+years’ experience in strategic sourcing or procurement in indirect categories
- Expert in advanced functions and features in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Experience in using procurement systems required (P2P, S2C, CLM, SRM)
- Strong cross functional communication and collaboration skills and experience
- Ability to clearly and convincingly present written and oral information
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change