Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Do you have a curious mind and entrepreneurial spirit? Does the fast-paced dynamics of emerging technologies and market trends interest you? Then, keep reading, because Paylocity has an exciting opportunity for you! As a Procurement Category Lead for IT, you’ll develop progressive purchasing strategies and category plans for the Technology and Development team to support the performance of the business and manage costs. You’ll provide new and innovative ways to solve problems and promote the procurement function throughout the organization. Best of all, you be joining a company that encourages individuals to have a “voice” and feel empowered. Paylocity values the unique differences of their employees, and wants them to feel truly welcome, and appreciated. The culture is collaborative, flexible, and actively supports growth and career development, with the freedom to carve your own path. The IT Category Lead is an individual contributor reporting to the Procurement Manager.
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Reports To: Procurement Manager
- Collaborate with Technology, Development and Engineering business stakeholders to understand priorities, develop roadmaps and source Information Technology initiatives such as software, SaaS, Hardware and IS professional services
- Provide technical expertise, advising on market dynamics, risk, and third-party technology solutions
- Translate the business’ vision into procurement requirements, to develop and implement strategic category plans that meet the goals of scalability, quality, and cost optimization
- Issue RFPs, create scoring criteria, think analytically to evaluate, and compare proposals, summarize outcomes, and present recommendations to senior management
- Perform fit/gap assessments to find synergies across the organization to leverage economies of scale, consolidate supplier base and support the integration of acquired businesses into existing IT solutions
- Review and redline third-party contracts (SaaS, ELAs, EULA, etc.), negotiate best commercial terms, mitigate risks and enforce the Delegation of Authority requirements for execution •Hold regular cross-functional stakeholder meetings to align on progress and new opportunities
- Build rapport with external and internal stakeholders to drive engagement levels and develop quality relationships
- Identify and mitigate roadblocks to support resolutions and maintain internal business partner satisfaction
- Use agility to move between big picture thinking and detailed analysis
- Manage, track and report on the performance of strategic third-party alliances, category plans, and spend data
- Utilize Contract Management System to store and administer third-party contracts and use the resulting data to proactively address contracting issues especially around orphaned, perpetual, and auto-renew contracts
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ year of experience in using procurement systems required (P2P, S2C, CLM, SRM)
- Experience in developing and running RFXs required
- Expert in advanced functions and features in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Experience in supplier management activities including QBRs, Supplier scorecards and/or ranking preferred
- Strong cross functional communication and collaboration skills and experience
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.