CI STRATEGY MANAGER at Cat Digital
Are you passionate about customer success?
Caterpillar provides services to our customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. We leverage connected equipment and our decades of application expertise to enhance customer performance. Caterpillar's Global Aftermarket Services Division (GASD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. By enhancing customer value, Caterpillar and our dealers create the opportunity to profitably grow our businesses while reducing the impact of market cycles.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers, our company and our dealers. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed and want to be part of growing services, now is a great time to join GASD.
The Strategy Manager will play a critical role in the success of the CI Aftermarket Sales Execution Department driving key strategic initiatives and actions interdepartmentally within Global Aftermarket Solutions and across the enterprise. A member of the department leadership team, this position will provide important and strategic input and facilitation and be a key enabler for the Department Head.
1. Strategy Development & Execution:
a. Leading strategy development to improve results for department and division positively impacting POPS-C.
b. It includes building and maintaining a portfolio of key projects to achieve the strategy.
c. Planning and directing all projects viewed as critical to department and the enterprise
d. Identifying improvement opportunities and enterprise-wide implementation of those improvements
e. Provide strategic guidance to Department Head, often leading (or co-leading) strategic initiatives that are outside of functional groups.
f. Prioritize critical issues and required information to facilitate efficient decision making
2. Managing metrics & targets:
a. Managing metrics, dashboards and supporting management tools in place to monitor performance and develop processes to increase the sale of Aftermarket Parts and Solutions.
b. Coordinating and developing annual business plan and department expense budgets and results and coordinates rolling business management with Business Resources
c. Ensures clear communication of objectives, expectations and manages accountability, assigning duties according to capability
3. Team Leadership:
a. Effective champion for the aftermarket, with demonstrated credibility in the organization, able to be persuasive and influence without authority
b. Exceptional networking skills, being accessible, responsive and focused on delivery and execution
c. Responsible for driving internal and external communication that supports and accelerates impact of the department
d. Organize and facilitate leadership meetings, ensuring clear action items and timely follow-up.
e. Attend various executive/department meetings to keep a pulse on the business and help connect the dots with others across the company
f. Planning leadership events, off-sites, and strategic planning/accountability reviews
g. Assist in onboarding key team members and ensure collaboration among the CI Sales & Marketing Team
1. Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
2. Ten years progressively responsible job-related experience, including some project management and/or leadership
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
1. Previous GASD Sales & Marketing experience
2. Exceptional organizational, analytical and project management skills
3. Strong facilitation skills
4. The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile and fast-paced environment
5. Ability to distill high level communication into meaningful context and actions
6. Consistently meeting ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
7. Ability to navigate and influence in a large matrix organization
8. Maintains positive and can-do attitude and approach to work
9. Understanding of and credibility in the field of marketing
10. Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
11. Entrepreneurial spirit motivated by problem-solving
12. MBA or Master's degree
1. Travel requirement is 10-25%
2. Domestic relocation assistance is available for this position
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website www.Caterpillar.com/careers.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.