Clinical Data Manager at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care and research in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
What you’ll do
We're looking for a Clinical Data Manager who will be responsible for leading a team of Jr. Data Abstractors (JDAs). Jr. Data Abstractors are responsible for reviewing clinical records, structuring key data elements and building a clinical repository to fuel insights and decision-making for Tempus and our partners. As a Clinical Data Manager your job is to drive accuracy, efficiency, and support the success and professional development of your team. You will also play a key role in maintaining the high quality data abstraction standards that Tempus requires.
The Manager will be responsible for clearly articulating project updates to key stakeholders and liaise with the Operations team to support transparency and process improvement. You will work closely with and in support of the Clinical Data Directors. This is an ideal position for someone with a scientific or clinical background who is interested in working at the crossroads of healthcare technology and data analysis to solve some of today’s most challenging medical questions.
- Manage the clinical abstraction process to construct the foundation of a growing database for cancer and other disease types
- Act as the primary point of contact between the operations team and clinical data analysts
- Handle team requests and queries, providing clinical expertise and fielding specific abstraction questions
- Work with multiple data sources and formats to support report and insight generation
- Develop and maintain abstraction guidelines and rules by writing and updating SOPs
- Maintain abstraction quality by developing, interpreting and tracking standards for accuracy of data
- Recruit, select, train and guide new Jr. Data Abstractors
- Uphold quality standards by coaching and counseling employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising abstractor performance
- CTR, LPN, BSN or MSN or deep clinical data experience (data managers, clinical monitors, CRAs) preferred
- Management experience strongly preferred
- 4+ years experience in a clinical or research setting with a preferred focus on oncology, cardiology, hematology, or infectious diseases
- Data Quality Assurance (QA) / auditing experience is a plus
- High comfort level working across multiple therapeutic areas
- Knowledge of medical and genomic terminology, medical abbreviations and pharmacy terms
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
- Proficient in Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills, ability and willingness to work in an agile and expanding team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt quickly