Clinical Scientist Liaison at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are on a mission to redefine how genomic data is interpreted and used in clinical settings. To facilitate that, we are looking for a Clinical Scientist Liaison to support the commercial and educational objectives of the company.
The Clinical Scientist Liaison must have a strong scientific and clinical background in oncology and human genetics. The Clinical Scientist Liaison must possess excellent communication skills to educate clinicians and scientists about Tempus test results, Tempus offerings, and address complex inquiries into the biological findings identified during laboratory testing and the clinical implications of those findings.
- Expand and support the Tempus Virtual Molecular Tumor Board initiative
- Create virtual tumor board material to educate clinicians on biological and clinical implications of Tempus test results
- Communicate complex biological and clinical concepts to a variety of groups including scientists, medical professionals, and science-naive individuals; information includes, but is not limited to somatic and inherited genetic test results, therapeutic implications and common therapeutic regimens, and biological pathways
- Collaborates with external opinion leaders and gathers feedback from around new and interesting information/data points that could be added to content
- Work with a variety of internal and external facing groups, including Tempus scientists and commercial groups as well as patient care groups
- Stay up-to-date in the evolving landscape of clinical oncology
- Must have a PhD or other advanced scientific or medical degree in Cancer Genetics, Human Genetics, or Biological Sciences
- Must possess excellent oral communication, presentation, and writing skills, with an emphasis on clear, concise, and precise explanations
- Must have initiative, self-manage, and be goal-driven with a process-building and ownership mindset
- Must possess a can-do positive attitude with high integrity and emphasis on patient care
- Must have a demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret clinical data and develop presentations for those data
- 1+ years of experience in a diagnostics, biotech, or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in the oncology field with LDTs
- Experience with clinical report generation, therapeutics, human mutation databases, and HGVS nomenclature strongly preferred