Cloud Data Architect – Data & Analytics at Slalom
About Slalom Build
Slalom Build is a highly-scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients to close the distance between dream and reality, imagined possibility and technical realization.
We do this by blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation to build the modern technology products of tomorrow.
Nearly 1000 builders strong in eight Build Centers across North America, Slalom Build leverages a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom Consulting. We’re intensely proud to partner with future-focused clients committed to disrupting their industries.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017-2019 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Job Title: Cloud Data Architect
As a Cloud Data Architect for Slalom Build, you’ll design and deliver innovative solutions on Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure using core cloud data warehouse tools, Hadoop, Spark, Event Stream platforms, and other big data related technologies. In addition to leading development work, projects include working with our clients to help define their cloud data strategy.
· Lead analysis, architecture, design, and development of cloud data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
· Data wrangling of heterogeneous data and explore and discover new insights
· Actively contribute to the cloud and big data community at Slalom, and drive new capabilities forward
· Define cloud data strategy, including designing multi-phased implementation road maps
· Mentor other team members
· Assist business development teams with pre-sales activities, including helping estimate and plan projects
· Willingness to travel up to 50%, at peak times of projects
· Experience on any of the cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services preferred)
· Hands-on development using and migrating data to cloud platforms
· Proficiency in relational database design and development
· Proficiency and hands-on experience with big data technologies
· Experience in languages such as Python, Java, Scala, and/or Go
· Proficiency with both Linux and Windows
· Analytical approach to problem-solving; ability to use technology to solve business problems
· Passionate about learning new technologies
· 7+ years of data architecture, business intelligence and/or consulting experience
· Cloud platform certification(s) (example: AWS Certified Solutions Architect)
· MS, or equivalent, in Math, Computer Science or an applied quantitative field
· Experience with data mining techniques and working with data-intensive applications
· Experience working with various verticals (e.g., insurance, utilities, manufacturing, financial services, technology)
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.