Cloud Data Engineer at FTD
Cloud Data Engineer - Downers Grove, Illinois
FTD Companies, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
This highly crucial Cloud Data Engineer position will take a leading role in helping analyze the data platform within our multi-brand $1B+ E-Commerce company. We're actively searching for top-level engineers to join newly created teams at FTD Companies who will be tasked with building an entirely new state-of-the-art platform and architecture from scratch.
What You Will Contribute:
We participate with a multi-functional team (technical & non-technical members) on highly visible strategic projects and work independently as needed. You are going to have the opportunity to tackle relevant Big Data engineering problems and interact with top-caliber software engineers, web developers, and QA automation resources contributing to our growing ecosystem of cutting-edge SOA based applications.
You'll manage a large-scale, high-availability, rapidly-growing BIG DATA infrastructure on Google Cloud Services that supports multi data sources. You will also be working closely with DevOps and other teams within FTD-IT area to provide quick Data Solutions.
- We need your help to design, architect and build our data platform while using a variety of BIG DATA technologies
- Work closely in the team to analyze and develop data architecture; ETL processes, ERD modeling and physical database implementation with GCP Data Services: Big Query, Big Table, Data Flow
- Work with us to design, develop and roll out new application features that impact databases
- You can develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the data/ETL architecture and the general application functionality used to maintain data integrity
- You will develop Data Flow jobs to answer complex analytical and real-time operational questions.
- You'll innovate by exploring, recommending, benchmarking, and implementing data-centric platform technologies.
- Provide hardware architectural guidance, estimate cluster capacity, and create roadmaps for Hadoop or BIG DATA Cloud services.
- You provide support for both analytics and operational platforms.
- Work closely with team-members including IT managers to deliver defect-free solutions in a timely manner. Update work status on a frequent (as often as daily) basis
- You follow and improve upon processes and policies for database application development methodologies and lifecycles
- Work on multiple projects at a time either independently or as a team member
- Work with developers and business owners to provide database needs for the entire FTD platform
- Oversee the development and release of solutions to non-production environments
- Are you'll willing to collaborate with some of the best Java architects to establish platform standards when new technologies are introduced in the FTD platform?
- Are you curious and want to continually investigate new technologies and their possible application to the company's business requirements?
- Do you wish to assist in the development of application development processes, policies, and standards?
What we seek:
We seek for you to have a BS in computer science, engineering or similar technical discipline. Alternatively, you can have an equivalent combination of education and experience. Ideally, you have 3 years of experience developing solutions following "standard methodologies" within a large/complex environment. Agile process experience preferred while implementing solutions to complex business and technical problems
- You are capable of logical/physical database design, development, analysis, architecture, and modeling
- You possess experience in architecting multi-tier, distributed database applications
- You have 1 year of experience with Apache Beam and 5 or more in Java or Python and with Data Transformation
- You've worked for 3 years with the Hadoop stack and 1 or more working with GCP services like Data Flow, Big Table, Big Query, and GCP Data Storage Buckets
- You are passionate about, Data, BIG DATA, and ML-learning new technologies
- You're experienced in designing and developing large scale applications utilizing BIG DATA tech
- You will have a good sense of engineering trade-offs, with an ability to understand the impact of software changes on extendibility, scalability, performance, and maintainability
- You have experience with Kafka/ Pub-Sub, SQL programming, and performance tuning skills
- Do you want the ability to oversee a wide range of assignments by managing dependencies, expectations, and effectively communicating with partners? Apply now.
What we offer:
A stupendous Senior Cloud Data Engineer opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes. We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing, and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, and other ideas welcome. We much enjoy all the benefits of working for a digital E-Commerce Company (flexible hours, a healthy vacation plan, summer hours) in a relaxed work environment.
We firmly embrace the definition of a "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership. There are job opportunities, and then there are career opportunities... Let us provide you with a career where you look forward to Mondays. Careers that have a positive impact and offer you a future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base