Collections & Recoveries Analytics Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join our new team. The Operations Planning & Analytics team is responsible for leveraging data driven insights to drive overall loan portfolio risk mitigation and servicing strategies across contact channels, customer segmentation, headcount planning, forecasting, and driving strategy for collections and repayment operations. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work across the organization and with external partners to drive forward recommendations.
What You'll Do
- Identify and deliver analysis to influence operational and product strategy for loan repayment in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitor repayment metrics, such as collections and recoveries performance and delinquency rates, auto pay, etc, and actively influence vendor strategies to maximize repayment at optimal cost.
- Manage performance and efficiency across the customer lifecycle focused on repayment.
- Partner with our vendor management team to analyze vendor performance, participate in business reviews, and build out long term vendor strategy in collections and recoveries.
- Build cross-functional relationships and partner with our Growth Analytics, Vendor management, Product, and Risk teams to drive operational strategies across collections and recoveries space.
- Apply a growth mentality to our product and technological roadmaps to accelerate change
- Identify third parties, data solutions, and other innovative ways to evolve the repayment experience
- Maintain a strong understanding of our evolving data warehouse and provide technical guidance across all of operations
- Utilize both industry and internal trends to proactively assess and recommend both short term and long term repayment and collections strategies
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to disrupt the lending and financial industry for the better
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role in consumer collections or credit / risk domain preferred
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and experience with Python or R
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead cross-functionally, and influence external parties
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence both technical and non-technical audiences
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Humility and team mentality - you go out of your way to help teammates
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.