Commercial Origination Analyst at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will responsible for providing support to the entire Origination Team of Commercial Lending. The Analyst will perform a diverse range of duties that entails initial tracking and analyzing loan opportunities on investment commercial properties, owner occupied commercial properties, and warehouse financing opportunities for prospective borrowers. The Analyst will assist the Manager, Commercial Loan Originations with compiling performance statistics and analyzing these figures as necessary. The Analyst will assist in supporting the Commercial Originations Department as work flow dictates with the goal of improving the overall speed to market and volumes of deals reviewed. To be successful, the incumbent must be extremely organized, detailed-oriented, analytically inclined, self-motivated and have a keen interest in learning all aspects of commercial real estate lending. General supervision is received from the Manager, Commercial Loan Originations.
Do you see yourself doing this?
Loan Origination New Opportunities and Deal Screening Responsibilities:
- Assist with deal flow management and pipeline tracking
- Support Originators with initial loan overviews at deal screen meetings
- Join in on prospective conference calls with Brokers and Sponsors
- Conduct preliminary analysis of commercial real estate loan opportunities, including assisting with the completion of Excel sizing and margin templates
- Research Market Data through third party vendor tools, appraisals and other available sources
- Assist leadership with compiling reports, and special projects as requested
- Stay abreast of industry developments through ongoing research
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintain integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants to this position must either have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered (proof of vaccination is required), or be willing to submit a negative COVID-19 test result in advance of each visit to an Alliant facility.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if you have a Bachelor’s degree (required), preferably in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or Management, required, and you have:
- Minimum 2+ years’ related work experience in commercial real estate finance in a banking, credit union, CMBS or an institutional lending environment, preferred
- Prior commercial real estate internship a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Ability to gather, compile and synthesize financial data required to ascertain credit risk
- Strong organizational, collaborative and consultative skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment; flexibility with changing priorities on a daily basis
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and continuous improvement