Competitive Intelligence Analyst at VelocityEHS
*Open to remote candidates*
As a competitive intelligence analyst, you know our competitors deeply: what they do today, what they plan to do in the future and how we beat them. You use your expertise, creativity, and instincts to develop competitive strategies and inform our product strategy, sales tactics, and marketing messages. You will spend about half of your time gathering intelligence and formulating strategies and the other half of your time enabling your stakeholders.
An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp our value proposition.
We are looking for that rare person who can think outside-the-box and focus on the big picture, as well as dig into the details, working side-by-side with sales and marketing. This role isn’t about following a plan already in place. It’s about creating something new and engaging to help VelocityEHS make business decisions through competitive intelligence.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition, how they are positioned, how they go-to-market, their technical capabilities, pricing etc.
- Develop competitive strategies and maintain up-to-date information, including but not limited to actionable competitive battlecards, quarterly competitive updates and ad-hoc requests.
- Develop actionable reports, content, and tools that support the needs of senior management.
- Support go-to-market, pricing and packaging strategy with market evidence.
- Maintain and improve internal competitive intelligence tools and processes.
Measures of Success:
- Success is measured qualitatively by how well your stakeholders are enabled by the insights that you develop and share.
- Success is measured quantitatively in our win rates against the competition.
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Curiosity and business acumen.
- 2+ years of related work experience in product marketing, product management, sales, sales engineering, or competitive intelligence.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to present ideas, conclusions, and recommendations with clarity and to diverse audiences.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to efficiently multi-task.
- Able and content to work independently and cross-functionally.
- Strong relationship development and negotiating skills; able to earn respect and trust among internal and external business partners and team members.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing or equivalent work experience, including customer-facing experience in the software industry.
- Experience working with SaaS technology products.
- Understanding of Environment Health and Safety.
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues using conferencing tools.
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]