Compliance Analyst - Issues Management at OppFi
OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to offer accessible products and a top-rated experience to everyday consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago.
OppFi is a team of caring and innovative individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work everyday and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!
OppLoans' Corrective Action Program, traditionally known as an Issue Management Program, is our process for escalating, risk rating, and addressing any and all system issues, process deficiencies, procedural oversights, and control weaknesses which may expose the company to regulatory risk (also known as "compliance issues"). You will report directly to the Compliance Director and will frequently have exposure to C-Level Executives.What you get to do:
- Assess the material significance and relevance of identified compliance risks.
- Research escalated issues to pinpoint possible causes, the customer population affected, and the impact they may have experienced.
- Collaborate with multiple department leaders in other departments, such as Product, Operations, Marketing, Credit, Finance, and Technology, to identify solutions that reduce identified compliance risk while minimizing business impact.
- Partner with our Legal and Operational Risk teams to oversee the formulation and implementation of customer remediation efforts.
- Review business-proposed changes to products and processes for relevant compliance considerations.
- Optimize the Corrective Action Program by identifying areas in the process flow that can be improved upon and propose and lead efforts to implement resulting changes.
- Conduct trend analysis for Corrective Action reporting provided to our CEO and the Executive team.
- Take on and lead other projects purposed towards the prevention, detection, mitigation, or assessment of regulatory risk as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience in the consumer financial services industry with a strong understanding of economics and/or finance industries.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of state and federal regulations and binding industry rules; UDAAP, ECOA, EFTA, E-SIGN, FCRA, FDCPA, GLBA, MLA, SCRA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, BSA, U.S. Bankruptcy Code, PCI, and NACHA.
- Data analysis skills, including proficiency in Excel.
- Project management skills, preferably with knowledge of tools such as monday.com and JIRA
- Interpersonal skills navigating different types of personalities and business environments.
- Experience identifying areas of opportunity and improvement.
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New team members go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppFi plays a part in that.
- Define your goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppFis' culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Business Resource Groups and other programs are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.EEOC Statement:
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFI will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]