Compliance Analyst -- Vendor Management
Strong Growth and Profitability
OppLoans has grown 1,500 percent over the last three years, with 2018 marking the third year in a row we made the Inc. 500. We have originated hundreds of thousands of loans and will surpass $125 million of annual revenue in 2018. In 2019, we’re projected to exceed $200 million, all while maintaining strong profitability.
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and generous benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the happiest offices in the country. We were recently named the 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago and are looking to hire 100 new employees in 2019. In 2018, Glassdoor named us the 6th best place to work in the nation. Check out our reviews to see why our employees love us!
What you can expect from us:
- A fast-paced environment with dynamic challenge and opportunities to make impact.
- A commitment to professional development and support for your growth.
- Ability to work with a team of hard working professionals who truly value excellence and providing a phenomenal customer experience.
- A group committed to a fantastic employee experience from the very first interview to the everyday experience.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate Compliance Analyst to join OppLoan’s expanding and dynamic Compliance Department. This individual will be responsible for our vendor management program, including working with other business areas to onboard new vendors, complete vendor risk assessments, ensure that vendors are risk-rated appropriately, complete annual reviews, maintain and accurate vendor inventory, and assist in creating appropriate executive and board reporting regarding vendor risk. This individual will work closely and communicate effectively with the Regulatory Compliance Director and other business partners to help assess and identify the company’s regulatory and legal risks and assist in developing methods to help mitigate those risks. This individual will report directly to the Regulatory Compliance Director.
- Assist in enhancing our vendor management program.
- Work with various business areas to complete the Vendor Onboarding Toolkit.
- Apply risk-rating metrics to appropriately categorize vendors and service providers.
- Maintain accurate vendor inventory.
- Work with business relationship owner to ensure annual vendor audits take place.
- Assist in creating appropriate executive and board risk reporting.
- Work with colleagues to reach compliance objectives in a timely manner.
- Initiate, facilitate and promote compliance activities and resources within the organization, including regular communications.
- Assist Compliance team in developing and executing strategies of closing gaps and performance.
- Work with team in developing and maintaining relationships within department and cross-department teams.
- Provide assistance in other projects as needed
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 0-3 years relevant experience in vendor management, preferably in consumer finance or fintech company. Experience at a high-growth start-up is preferred.
- Interest in legal and regulatory environment of consumer finance and the ability to identify and solve for potential compliance and business issues present therein.
- Detail oriented, organized, with the ability to multitask.
- Great research and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong work ethic and a “can do” attitude.
- Strong curiosity and a desire to learn about compliance and financial services.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Lots of self-motivation and a willingness to take ownership of projects.
- A team player mindset, pitching in wherever needed.
- A passion for improving the lives of consumers through OppLoan’s products.
- Humility, integrity and a killer sense of humor; you take your work seriously, but not yourself.
- Competitive Benefit package.
- Free PPO Medical plan option with BCBS.
- Flexible Spending accounts & Health Saving plans with employer contribution up to $500.
- Dental, Vision, Accident coverage.
- Disability plans & Life insurance 100% employer paid.
- Wellness & EAP Programs.
- CTA, Metra & parking programs.
- Opportunities to donate to charity.
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks & drinks available including a Bevi machine and unlimited free coffee.
- Subsidized daily lunches.
- Free gym membership onsite.
- Free shuttle passes to Metra stations.
- Casual dress policy.
- Discounted Divvy memberships & Soul Cycle classes.
- 401(k) plan with employer match that is fully vested upon enrollment.
- Employee and peer recognition program.
- Dynamic start-up culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in a growth stage company.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Intramural sports leagues.
- Weekly office events including but not limited to: happy hours, massages, trivia & game nights, private yoga sessions, catered breakfasts & lunches, professional development seminars, fitness classes, etc.
- Dual monitors and stand-up workstations.
- Convenient downtown Chicago office located in the heart of the city.
- Awesome panoramic office view of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.
- Equal opportunity employer.