ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 100,000 today to millions.
We're growing rapidly and need a Compliance/Deliverability Analyst to help manage our email compliance and deliverability processes. You will be a vital part of the Compliance and Deliverability team. You will educate and enable customers, work with Mailbox Providers, and drive innovation around email technology. You will live and thrive at the intersection of business, technology, data, and the customer experience. Your goal will be to ensure we operate in a legal and ethical manner while meeting our business objectives.
The position requires a strong technical working knowledge of compliance and deliverability. This work involves remediating blacklists, identifying customers hitting spam traps, working with Mailbox Providers to optimize sending rates and consulting with clients to make sure they send email using best practices. The ability to explain complex concepts, while supporting your position with well-reasoned analysis is vital.
To succeed in this role, you should be fair and modest while scrutinizing the facts and leveraging data to support your decisions. If you also have a sharp business acumen, we’d like to meet you.
You will develop documentation, blogs, help articles, etc on strategies that improve both our clients and the ActiveCampaign customer-facing organizations. You'll partner with Customer Success, Support, Sales, Product and Data Scientists to develop and integrate strategies that improve both our customers and our teams.
What your day could consist of:
- Evaluating customer’s email metrics and manually approving campaigns
- Resolving customer escalations with care and in a timely manner
- Respond to deliverability related support tickets and deliver expert escalation on specific customer issues
- Monitor delivery metrics and create plans to improve inbox placement and IP reputation
- Analyze bounce logs/trends to identify potential issues
- Training employees and customers on industry best practices
- Investigating reports of abuse, identifying backend bottlenecks, resolving blacklisting/blocks, and analyzing bounce logs and trends
- Proactively auditing processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Creating sound internal controls and monitoring adherence to them
- Creating and managing effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations
- Maintain strong relationships with Customers, Product, Sales, Support and Success teams
- Take an active role in thought leadership through writing blogs, articles, and whitepapers
What is needed:
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in an analytic, data driven email compliance/deliverability role
- Knowledge of EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), NA (North America), LATAM (Latin America) and APAC (Asia-Pacific) Mailbox Providers
- Comprehensive understanding of CAN-SPAM, CASL, GDPR, CCPA, and other international email regulations
- Thorough understanding of Mailbox Provider procedures (feedback loops, postmaster pages, etc.)
- Solid technical foundation: DNS, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC
- Experience with compliance fraud or abuse investigations
- Expertise with third-party tools: eHawk, Invaluement, Return Path, 250OK, eDataSource
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.