CONNECTIVITY SUPPORT ENGINEER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
For Caterpillar, digital means using technology to extract data from our machines and engines and transform it into valuable recommendations or “insights,” to help customers make better, more informed decisions and help Caterpillar make robust products with the lowest total ownership cost. Our products generate and process large amounts of data from sensors, on-board models, and control algorithms in real-time creating real-world machine usage information.
This is position is in Connected Data Quality team in Cat Digital. The team is responsible for building tools, dashboards and processes to enable (E2E) telemetry data quality monitoring, finding source of quality issues and work with process partners to resolve the problems at source.
JOB DUTIES: Connectivity Support Engineer focuses on end-to-end data quality from IoT telematics devices all the way to customer applications.
- Connectivity Support Engineer supporting Caterpillar’s digital technology systems are key roles within the enterprise and vital in achieving Caterpillar’s Digital Vision.
- Identify quality issues by data mining and analysis.
- Investigates hardware and software issues to determine reason for the failure and provides technical information for the continuous product improvement (CPI) process.
- Assesses the impact of field product problems on the company and the customer and determines the best field support plan to serve both.
- Keeps engineering teams appraised of activities and/or status of product problems.
- The most challenging and important part of this job is identification of data quality issues and coordination with other teams through the problem resolution system.
- A Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of product support experience electronic systems
- Must have demonstrated excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to work effectively in a high velocity environment.
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate technical information to a broad range of audiences.
- Incumbent must have strong initiative, interpersonal, organizational and teamwork skills.
Top candidates will have:
- Knowledge of Tableau/BI tools, scripting to automate data analysis and SQL query development.
- Experience with handling large data sets in various formats.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar Product link devices and telemetry data.
- Previous knowledge of Caterpillar, working with a different unit or working with different products, processes or systems is desirable.
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .