Consumer Research & Strategy Insight Analyst
The Analyst, Consumer Research & Strategic Insights is responsible for executing research initiatives that contribute to the evolution of the Tribune Publishing portfolio of news brands, including Chicago Tribune, Baltimore Sun and New York Daily News.
Insights from the Consumer Research team drive strategy in business-critical areas like new subscriber acquisition, retention, audience strategy, brand marketing and reader engagement.
The right person for this job will be curious, detail-oriented, skilled at analyzing data, and adaptable to rapidly evolving goals and priorities.
- Work in close partnership with our Research Director to identify key questions to solve for and recommend research approaches to tackle a variety of projects.
- Craft, program and field surveys.
- Setting up and analyzing data tables.
- Work with outside research partners to ensure company goals, timelines and budgets are met, as well as manage sampling, fieldwork, quality control, quota management, analysis.
- Perform analysis and interpretation of primary and secondary research.
- Pulling disparate pieces of data together to uncover insights and then create concise and compelling stories to bring those insights to life.
- Continually work to deliver a deeper understanding of our readers.
- Contribute to the development of research proposals and scope documents.
- Investigate new research methodologies, delivering deeper insights, lower costs and/or faster results.
- BA/BS in marketing, market research, business or statistics preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in roles developing consumer insights or market research
- Strong analytical skills; able to interpret and present data to provide insightful, tactical recommendations
- Familiarity with data processing, i.e. setting up and analyzing data tables
- Expertise in quantitative research techniques
- Proficient in business software (Excel & PowerPoint) and primary research tools (e.g. Qualtrics or SurveyMonkey)
- Comfortable with general web analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture/Site Catalyst, etc.)
A major plus if you have:
- Knowledge of SAS, R or other statistical languages a plus
- Experience with ad testing, UX research and/or usability testing
- Familiarity with third-party data sources and research tools such as comScore, MRI, Nielsen Scarborough, etc.
- Familiarity with advanced quantitative research techniques such as Key Drivers Analysis, Cluster Analysis, etc.