Corporate Strategy and Development Associate
Job Description Summary
The Corporate Strategy and Development Associate will report to the VP, Corporate Strategy & Development and work closely with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), including the CEO, CFO, and SVP, Corporate Strategy & Development to identify and execute growth opportunities for the company. The work includes the full range of corporate strategy, business development, M&A activities, and alliances.
Conduct market scans, develop ideas for growth
Conduct company / competitive research
Incubate expansion opportunities and business development
Lead corporate development initiatives
Support strategy initiatives for existing business, executive team and board of directors
Provide acquisition support and execute acquisition due diligence in concert with the finance team and other executives
Provide assistance with strategic alliances, transactions and facilitating strategy development
Provide analytic support for creation of business cases to pursue new investment and potential partnership/acquisition opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of strategy consulting experience from a leading strategy consulting firm (BCG, Bain, McKinsey or a boutique corporate strategy advisory); will also consider candidates with equivalent investment banking experience
- Experience in new market entry, growth initiatives
- Prior experience in the technology sector or demonstrated interest
- Proven quantitative skills, along with demonstrated problem-solving /decision-making skills
- Demonstrated record of performance with large and small projects; strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to discuss critical contractual issues with a variety of senior leaders and experienced legal counsel
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and independent work
Why Choose CCC
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs and Perkspot/employee discount program
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, and flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
CCC Information Services was ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago, an online community for digital technology entrepreneurs in Chicago.