Corporate Strategy Lead at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to join our Corporate Strategy team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, innovation and the FinTech ecosystem. You have a track record of successfully owning projects with measurable impact from ideation to execution and rollout. You are comfortable handling multiple – and competing – projects at the same time, adjusting your priorities on the fly. You know when to sweat the details and when to back off and look at the bigger picture. Long-term, impact is what motivates you, so you are always thinking about how to move things along.
You will help drive Affirm’s strategy and have a significant impact on the company and its future. You will own projects end-to-end, developing insightful analyses and communicating clearly and compellingly. You will be involved in sensitive projects and need to maturely handle confidential information. You will work closely with the members of our leadership team, who rely on you to make smart recommendations and to lead change. You will also get the opportunity to work on M&A opportunities when they arise.
What you'll do
- Provide objective analysis and recommendations on our overall corporate strategy along with projections for that strategy, portfolio expansion plays, technology investments, and M&A opportunities
- Frame questions, analysis and meaningful and unbiased decision points for executives / stakeholders to make informed, efficient decisions
- Be a subject matter expert on our industry, adjacent spaces and relevant other companies
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and leadership to drive recommendations
What we look for
- 3-5 years of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm or investment bank
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a practical, quantifiable and structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to context switch and ramp up quickly on new topics
- Attentive to details and highly organized, with strong independent planning and process management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work across all organizational levels
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry is a plus
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.